I arrived early to meet some friends in the lounge and was greeted as if I had just crawled from under a paving slab! Ordering and paying for an advanced non alcoholic drink other than a cocktail was neither easy or welcomed! The group of people arrived and an order of over £110 was placed and delivered. The man who later identified himself as the manager chose this moment to inform our group that there would be a minimum £500 for the size of our party (16 ish). He was clearly devoid of the usual people skills associated with the role and we were all gob smacked. With the drinks freshly delivered he returned to reinforce the £500 'rule' which he seemed to have plucked out of the air! Feeling uncomfortable by the manager's constant appearances the £110 worth of cocktails were rushed and not enjoyed. We all left as soon as we could and regrouped elsewhere. This was a quiet group of professional people treated very shabbily. The group also included some prominent people who he failed to recognise! The final bill included all the drinks already paid for! My feeling is that somebody else with more money to splash around wanted to book the table! In summary; dolls house like, pretentious, rude, very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenilworth is an 11 bedroom boutique Hotel & Cocktail lounge in Kenilworth, Warwickshire. Contemporary features and fittings in a 16th Century Building. Award winning cocktail lounge and voted as one of the top 50 destinations in the UK by 'The Independent'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Kenilworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenilworth Hotel Kenilworth
- The Hotel Kenilworth
- The Kenilworth Hotel Warwickshire