We have stayed at this hotel on at least 6 seperate occassions. We have just returned from our latest. We decided to take our family to celebrate our daughters 21st, and we booked 3 rooms. The hotel in our opinion offers excellent value for money and the rooms are very comfortable. The main building is used for the reception, restaurants and conference and function facilities. Meals are generally taken in the main restaurant which also has a lovely conservatory area with beautiful views over the extensive gardens, and is lovely to watch the rabbits and squirrells playing outside whilst eating your breakfast. However, on occasions when there is a wedding taking place we have also eaten our meals in another room or the folley, which also houses the bar but in a seperate area. (Both other eating areas are more than adequate). The food for both evening meals and breakfast are of a very high standard and the waiting staff were very attentive, a credit in fact.
We have booked either direct with the hotel or via ebay, where they often have special offers including free trips to nearby attractions (Warwick castle, Hopton farm village, West Midlands Safari park to name a few). There are many things close by including the above but there is also Shakespeares houses in Stratford upon Avon which is a beautiful town, Cadbury's world and Bicester shopping village is also not too far a drive from here.
There is a lovely swimming pool very clean and usually nice and warm, there are showers and a sauna too, and lovely clean soft towels are provided for use. There is also a gym although i've always had good intentions I have yet to use it!! There is also a tennis court and small pitch and putt course in the grounds. Again despite my husband bringing clubs everytime we haven't tried it yet.
As people have commented the rooms are not in the main part of the house. I do not see this as a problem as they are close and the rooms are nice and very well appointed and everything has been thought of, extra pillows, hairdryer, fan, flatscreen tv, ironing board and Tea and Coffee making facilities and biscuits. The bathrooms again have lovely soft clean white towels and "the white company" products. My only comment would be softer toilet paper would be nice. We have had both double and family rooms and have never had a problem with space, there were 3 of us in one double room in our most recent, visit and usually we have 4 in a family room. I would say that on this occassion I did find that one of the rooms (room 6) the painting was looking a little tired especially on the window wall. I have not been disrupted at night by people in adjoining rooms and have always had a good nights sleep.
This hotel in my opionion is excellent for corporate events and team building, families, weddings, couples. In fact for everyone.
The staff our very attentive and will do their best to acccommodate your needs. Our first visit was a couple of years ago, we booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 4. All in all a fantastic hotel which I would (and have) recommended and I am sure that we will visit again so
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodside is an Edwardian mansion set within 32 acres of grounds and enjoys a quiet woodland location on the outskirts of Kenilworth in Warwickshire. There are 74 en-suite bedrooms, housed in accommodation buildings adjacent to the main house. Your stay also includes a Full English & Continental Breakfast, free Wi-Fi, use of the leisure facilities, free parking on-site and unlimited tea and coffee. Food is prepared daily by the award-winning team of chefs and is served in two restaurants - The Mulberry Brasserie and The Orchard. The Parsons Folly bar is the perfect place to enjoy a snack or relax with a drink. There are a range of leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, fitness suite, croquet lawn,tennis court and a 9 hole pitch`n`putt golf course which is complimentary to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Woodside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodside, a Sundial Group Venue Hotel Kenilworth
- Woodside Hotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire