Having decided to have a weekend break and meet friends for Sunday lunch, we were looking for somewhere to stay and relax on the Saturday night in the midlands area. A friend recommended Woodside in Kenilworth and we booked at short notice. From a location point of view it was ideal, with Warwick, Coventry, Stratford upon Avon and Royal Leamington Spa all within a 20 minute drive and Birmingham a further 10 minutes away.
We went into our stay with our eyes wide open - Woodside is primarlity a Conference and Wedding venue, but that doesn't mean it can't do other things well. Upon arrival we were welcomed by the most professional hotel reception staff we have ever encountered. Their thoughtfulness, friendliness and manner was exceptional and really gave us a great first impression of the hotel. We were given a room that was more that adequate - spacious, clean and with good decor and facilities. It was warm and welcoming on a cold weekend.
Having no evening plans, we were given a variety of options with regards to our evening meal and the daily menu for the Orchard room was posted under the door so we could choose where to eat from the comfort of our own room.
We went with the daily menu from the Orchard room, and whilst there was a celebration in the adjoining conservatory, the restaurant staff were friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. This theme was carried through to breakfast, where there was more than ample choice and everything was well organised.
Our only slighty negative from our stay was the temperature of the indoor swimming pool - to say it was cold was a bit of an understatement, but we fully appreciated that of a weekend this probably is a facility that isn't used very much!
I think the leisure facilities are the only let down between Woodside and a really nice 4/5 star hotel, but the price we paid and our expectations meant this wasn't a problem. The staff and their service really was comparible with a 5 star hotel and that's why I will be recommending Woodside to others looking for somewhere convenient and relaxing to stay.
Based upon the service we experienced and the level of detail that the staff went to, I wouldn't be surprised if the conferences and weddings that are held there aren't also of an extremely high standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodside is an Edwardian mansion set within 32 acres of grounds and enjoys a quiet woodland location on the outskirts of Kenilworth in Warwickshire. The 74 en-suite bedrooms which are housed in accommodation buildings adjacent to the main house, are individually decorated and beautifully appointed. Each room is fully equipped with hot drink facilities, an alarm clock-radio with iPod docking station, a television and toiletries from the Gilchrist and Soames 'BeeKind` range. Your stay also includes free Wi-Fi, use of the fitness room and pool, free parking on-site and unlimited tea and coffee. Food is prepared daily by the award-winning team of chefs and is served in two restaurants - The Mulberry Brasserie and The Orchard. The Parson`s Folly bar is the perfect place to enjoy a snack or relax with a drink. There are a range of leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool, fitness suite, croquet lawn,tennis court and a 9 hole pitch`n`putt golf course which is complimentary to guests. Woodside`s 32 acres also offer an idyllic setting for walking and jogging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Woodside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodside, a Sundial Group Venue Hotel Kenilworth
- Woodside Hotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire