“Outstanding service from a professional team”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodside Hotel

Woodside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
“Outstanding service from a professional team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at woodside a couple of weeks ago and have to say that it was a most pleasurable experience. It was a late booking and from arrival to departure everything was perfect, having stayed in many hotel both for work and weekends away with the wife. Although on arrival we discovered that there was a wedding in progress we still decided to dine in the hotel on that evening, the bar was nice with a decent range of beers and nice to see a local ale on tap. We went to the restaurant which although was small still had a nice feel to it, we were well looked after by the waiting team who were all young lads but very professional. The meal was cooked to perfection and my wife even with her many dietary requirements still managed to find something she enjoyed (which is rare). We enjoyed a few more drinks in the bar with I think Petra the bar man before going to bed. In the morning we enjoyed a nice swim in the pool which I guess was to early for everyone else as we had it to ourselves which was nice. Breakfast was a real treat with a fine range of hot and cold food on offer we were greeted by Mark the restaurant manager who took us to our table and looked after our every need and every brought over my wife's vegetarian breakfast. Again the young waiting staff seemed to be very attentive, checkout was very busy so I didn't get chance to tell them. I will defiantly be staying at woodside again thank you for a brilliant experience. Paul & Lucy

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Paul19771977
, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you for providing should great feedback following your stay at Woodside. It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay here at Woodside and that our staff looked after you so well.
Where possible we try to use seasonal and local produce at Woodside and I am pleased that the local Warwickshire ale on tap was well received and also that you and your wife enjoyed your dining experience.
It will give me great pleasure to pass your kind comments to the Woodside Team. As you have noted that you have stayed in many hotels it is a wonderful compliment to them.
We look forward to welcoming you to Woodside in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Wow!!! Fantastic time at my friend's son's 21st surprise party. Great venue. Staff couldn't do enough and were very attentive without getting in the way. Great venue with a lovely intimate feel and lovely staff. If I would make one recommendation if you are going to view it is to look beyond the slightly faded decor( it has been newly decorated) and imagine how you could create your event. Would throughly recommend it as a venue and I am really fussy!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Hi,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your friend's son's 21st birthday party and that you have taken the time to leave us such kind feedback.
Your recommendation of Woodside is greatly received and I am so pleased that our staff have provided a high level of customer care to guests attending this special celebration.
I hope that you will return to Woodside in the near future.
Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed at the Woodside for two nights for my Nephews wedding, (the reception was at the Woodside). There were various family members also staying. I thought my room over looking the mini golf course very adequate and reasonable for my two night stay£120 for a single room.
The evening before wedding ,we had to eat in bar area (as a reception was taken place in main dining area). this was a slightly muddled meal , probably due to about twenty Aunts ,uncles cousins etc, trying to order and either pay for or have meals added onto individual rooms, but the food was lovely
Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice, the Bacon especially Nice.Lots of the people in our group made full use of the pool and gym facilities.The wedding reception was very well organized and service was very good. check out was very easy.The staff overall were very nice,
but a special thanks must go to Nick who was extremely helpful ,polite courteous and nice young man. Also thanks go to the lovely happy cleaning ladies

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback following your two night stay at Woodside with family to attend your Nephews wedding.
It is lovely that you have recounted so many pleasing aspects of your stay during your time with us in your review.
All of your kind comments have been shared with all the teams concerned and your note of special thanks to Nick and the housekeeping team has been noted and passed to them.
I am delighted to know that Woodside and the team have created happy memories for such an important day for your family and friends and your Nephew and his bride.
I hope to welcome you back to Woodside in the near future.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have just returned after an overnight stay at this terrible hotel and will say NEVER again.
We are regular visiters to the other sundial hotel in Northampton and can honestly say that we have never ever had a bad experience. Due to our previous stays we had accumulated enough stamps for a free overnight stay with meal and decided to try a different hotel. WHAT A MISTAKE. We were told on booking that there would be wedding on this date but that it would not impact on our stay. HOW WRONG. Firstly, the bathroom was extremely dated with grotty white tiles and dirty stained skirting boards. My 6ft 1" husband had to crouch underneath the fixed shower as it there was not enough room to stand without bending. Due to the wedding celebrations we were ushered down a dirty, dingy corridor into the back bar/ restaurant where there was nowhere to sit. We had to ask for the menus, asked to be seated and ask for drinks during the meal. The meal itself was adequate but felt we were rushed through each course. Breakfast was an absolute horror. Having to ask for veg sausages, I then had to wait ten minutes for these par cooked tasteless things to come. When they eventually arrived my husband had finished his breakfast and I then had to ask for beans/hash browns and egg which were not available on the breakfast area. We were continually asking for coffee/bread etc as the staff were extremely lax.
On a positive note the receptionists, both on arrival and departure, were polite, helpful and extremely proffessional.
A very disappointing stay to say the least.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete the feedback. I am very disappointed to read that Woodside has been viewed in such a negative light particularly as you have noted that you are a regular guest at Highgate House our sister venue.

It is never our intention that any guest should feel uncomfortable during their stay or leave feeling that they should not wish to return to Woodside. Your feedback has been addressed and taken seriously.

The Mulberry Restaurant where you dined on Saturday evening is our alternative dining area that is used when a private function or wedding is taking place in the main restaurant. I apologise that the ambiance of the dining room did not meet with your expectations. I have been reassured that the levels of service were maintained that evening for guests that chose to dine in the Mulberry Restaurant and I find it quite unusual to receive this feedback regarding the standard of service.

Once again it is disappointing to receive this feedback as we continue to strive to deliver consistent high standards of facilities and customer service at Woodside.
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Family wedding May 4th.

The location is very nice, it's self contained and we had the venue to ourselves for my daughters wedding. Prior to the happy event, Becky and the staff were helpful and friendly. We had various rooms booked and they were all as we expected.
Some of the guests used the pool, probably not the gym !

The rooms are fine, it's a semi rural location so very quiet. I have to mention how fantastic and comfortable the beds are.

Anyway, wedding went well, weather stayed dry. The staff were very friendly, and the bar didn't overcharge us as we were a captive audience so to speak, which was very rare and appreciated (especially by the bridesmaid who decided to buy 10 Jagerbombs !)

We had a fantastic time, venue , ambiance and the food were all good quality.

I know that this is a busy and very popular corporate venue, but I recommend their wedding package . Anyway, my daughter enjoyed her day, which is the main thing !!

ps Wedding Breakfast next day was excellent too !!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tradervic1966
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback and for your exceptionally kind comments.

I am delighted to know that the staff at Woodside and the Venue itself have contributed to making your daughters wedding a memorable and very special day and this was also experienced by family and friends.

I am further delighted that so many aspects of Woodside such as accommodation, dining, value for money and facilities met with expectations.

Your recommendation of our wedding package is a great compliment to Woodside and all our team.

I hope that you and your family will have the opportunity to visit Woodside in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

we checked in with anne on reception after my awful time at the bull hotel in fairford.
Anne was professional and although the room wasnt massive it was perfect and i wanted to say a big thankyou to anne personally. breakfast was amazing- would def return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback following your recent stay with us, and please be assured that your comments will be shared with all the team as we continue to strive to provide levels of excellent customer service at Woodside
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Fantastic service, rooms and facilities. Spent three days attending a business event, reception team were very helpful as I had to take delivery of a vehicle and this was managed in my behalf as I was in meeting, rooms were clean and very comfortable, food and service was of .a hiigh standard.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
JerryToth, General Manager at Woodside Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to know the team at Woodside have contributed in helping to make your stay enjoyable and in return that this has been recognised by you. I will ensure that this feedback is passed on to all teams concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you to Woodside in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Highgate House Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,799 reviews

Been to Woodside Hotel? Share your experiences!