“Lovely Fish”

Bluefin Seafood & Grill
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bluefin Seafood & Grill Restaurant is located in the historic town of Kenilworth offering you a friendly atmosphere and a very warm welcome
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a wait for a table but well worth the wait. A little expensive but good quality. The oysters were delicious.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Although the general reviews said before I went were good food but bad service I certainly never experienced that.
The service was great and attentive (it was fairly quiet so hopefully that stays when busy) and the menu was varied but a great choice.
Nice touches such as an amouse bouche and free fresh bread and proper butter and also a free side if you have a main and starter meant it stood out a little. And the price are pretty good.
The interior and toilets are brand new (you can still smell the paint) and compared to some places in kenilworth looks like they care about the interior.
Fish cakes were tasty and fresh and hot. The swordfish cooked perfectly with it very slightly pink in the middle.
Things to work on include sorting the music out....well more like musack.....kenilworth might have an older clientele but decent music will help the ambience. Also maybe the service was too quick with one course straight after another. Slowwwww down a tad. And maybe some specials to vary things up a bit
Generally a lovely experience and would definitely come back again to try something else and also try the wine menu as wasn't drinking. Handy car park at the back too.
So don't let the reviews about terrible service put you off. If you like fish eat here.....it's ten times better than the Loch Fyne down the road!!!!

2  Thank Martyn S
Reviewed 12 August 2014

had the lunchtime special on the 8th Aug,and took my son (fish & chips). The service was impeccable, and the food was fantastic. The batter on the fish was made to perfection. Will be booking a table again for Sat eve 16/8 with friends. Would recommend it to all my friends.

2  Thank christine p
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We had read the mixed reviews about Kenilworth's latest restaurant but decided to give it a try
We arrived just as they opened for the evening sitting and were warmly welcomed
The staff were very attentive, they are clearly learning from the mistakes they have made since they opened
The food was of an extremely high standard. We had the swordfish & the seafood mixed grille, both were excellently presented and most enjoyable
That staff could not have been more willing to help we had none of the issues previously experienced
We will certainly be going back again & suggest others to do the same. This restaurant has the potential to join the other first class restaurants in Kenilworth it appears to have sorted out issues that customer had during its opening period

3  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'm being a bit generous here to a relatively new restaurant, as our experience was really 3+.
Others have had different dining experiences at the restaurant, with opinions governed mainly by the quality of service they received. We had good service on the Saturday evening we went in a party of four, but all the staff need to be enthusiastic and well-trained, and the management absolutely on top of what is happening, if they are to achieve a consistent top quality service. There are so many restaurants to choose from in Kenilworth, that it's unlikely any restaurant will be given a second chance if it isn't up to scratch, and you then soon run out of customers.
My main comment is about the fish menu, which I feel needs a revamp, to give more choice in the middle ground. What I mean is that I had the mixed seafood grill (£18.99) which was very good, but my partner's swordfish (£12.95) was decidedly average.There are four cheaper dishes that I can't comment upon, but nothing between the two prices except for Paella with Chorizo (£14.99 - but not much use to non-meat eaters). A few good/innovative fish dishes at around £15 would help the menu considerably.

1  Thank nickandpauline