“A good experience”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Friendly staff, good choice of food, I liked the size of the portions, just enough of each dish, I hate wasting food so it suited me fine . I came away feeling comfortable and I hadn't eaten too much, although I had a starter, a main and a shared coconut ice cream, which was excellent.
I have booked again to go with a group of friends.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Where to start. We have eaten here before and had a lovely meal. Just a shame it wasn't the same last week! Our waitress could have done with going on a customer care course. We asked what the cauliflower gashi consisted of to be told "cauliflower " a little bit more info would have been good! We asked if we needed rice to go with the prawn curry. Again she was really helpful by saying" no because it's in a sauce"?? When it came it had rice with it which wasn't mentioned in the bizarre menu and seemingly unknown to the waitress. She came across as in charge but was Clearly lacking! I for one will not be returning!!

1  Thank Lyn H
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had starters and Mains and both were well presented and good value for the money. The food tastes more authentic than other local Indian restaurants in this area. We really enjoyed the visit and we will return.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Groupon deal. Starter, main and side for two people for just under £20. Limited menu, items including that well known South Indian speciality, lasagne... Pepper chicken main was dreadful. None of the promised cashews and inauthentic gritty sauce. Chicken cubes obviously just added. Tiny flat bread (no Naans). Only saving grace was friendly waitress and the fact that tap water was served. 10% service was added to the drinks bill. If you are staying in Kenilworth I personally recommend that you visit Zaika or the Sunam, where quality food is always served.

2  Thank JJEnglandUK
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just back from a most disappointing experience at what used to be one of the best eating experiences in the whole of Warwickshire. Whatever have they done to that wonderful, and most unusual selection of authentic indian cuisine that was the hallmark of the Coconut Lagoon? Mostly it's gone and the very limited me he in its place includes 'traditional dish and chips' and 'lasagne'!

The food was mostly bland and poor quality. My wife had a vegetable biryani whose vegetable content was mostly carrot and frozen peas! This place used to pride itself on its home baked breads, but now they offered no naan, and my chapati, served with the dry Malibar special with rather tasteless chicken and ?tinned chick peas in a nondescript sauce, was dry and chewy.

We were on a Groupon deal, but the menu seemed to be the standard one and didn't have most of the menu items mentioned on the Groupon offer listing! I was glad we were on the Groupon deal because would have resented paying the full price for such disappointing food.

And the beer price, well that would be enough to put anyone off going there!

1  Thank phaine