“Superb!!”

Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus Stop on New Street
Description: The Cross, Kenilworth is a pub restaurant serving excellent food, cooked by award winning chefs. The Cross started out as an inn back in the 19th century and was recently refurbished to reveal its original features. Expect a warm welcome, friendly service and stunning dishes, cooked using the very best local ingredients.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Ate hear on a midweek night after hearing really good things about the place. The food was amazing,the wine good and the overall service was fantastic. Will definatly be coming back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have been to The Cross a couple of times before and never has it been as good as it is now. Four of us visited on a Friday night and everything from the table (round in front of the terrace window), to the service (perfect balance of friendly, attentive and professional) and of course the food was excellent. We had three courses (naughty!) and they were all equally excellent, especially the beef main with sirloin and cheek. The only critique I could give is that the truffle notes didn't quite make it through on my terrine, if of course they were meant to. Also I know it's not the main event, but the bread and butter is just to die for! mmmmmmm

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

4 of us went for Dinner on Friday 15th August and what a wonderful evening was had by all.
The food was wonderful and take it from me it takes a lot to impress me as I am in catering myself.
I personally started with the Cornish Crab Soup which I have to say was fabulous and I would go back just for a bowl of it any day, I then had the Lamb Rump cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth, Dessert of Creme Carmel was ok but the 2 Madeleine Cakes that came with it were light as a feather, full of flavour and warm from the oven a absolute delight.
My fellow diners also enjoyed their meals, 2 Duck egg starters 1 Salmon, then all 3 had fish, Cod, Sea Bream and the traditional Fish n chips. Not a complaint from any dish, however I do believe mine was the best by fair!
The servers were always on hand and very polite.

The staff aways on hand but not in the way.

Can wait to return.

1  Thank LoverOfWonderfulFood
Reviewed 18 August 2014

our visit was a treat for my wife's birthday weekend and we had been hugely looking forward to our first bit of nosh in this establishment since it changed hands over a year ago...Unaware of the cancellation policy referred to in other reviews I booked our table with naive and rather touching confidence. Actually the policy of charging you the price of the meal if you are a no show might have been pushed discreetly under a managerial serviette for all I know as I was not warned when I booked the table.. but lets stop digressing and get on with the lunch I hear you mutter..
The starters were splendid ~we all had terrine of chicken and ham hock with truffles and sweetcorn and would certainly do so again. My Birthday celebrating wife had roast beef and so did I and here sadly and unusually for us a small frisson of mild discontent scurries across the Sunday afternoon 's enjoyment. We agreed afterwards that the Beef was a bit difficult to cut and as it was certainly not overcooked it must have needed a few more days hanging. ALSO my Ma in law who is not normally critical thought that the gravy or "pan juices" should have been served seperately as she is not overfond of having jolly old Bisto sloshing around .This didn't worry me as I love the stuff and thought that their de~glazing techniques must be enviable. The dear wife asked for Horseradish sauce and when it arrived said she couldn't taste any Horse radish in the sauce .i tried a smidgen and neither could I ! It was just like cream.We mentioned this to the waiter and he explained that it was made with cream which of course we could have bally well told him as that's all we could taste.We let the matter drop but minutes later the young and perceptive waitress appeared discreetly and with a smile of complicity replaced the sauce with another which looked the same but this time DID taste of Horseradish.I think someone had forgotten to put any of the pungent root into the first offering. The puddings were lovely and the service was very attentive and you really can't complain as the price was very reasonable (especially to me as I wasn't paying).It's just that we couldnt help feeling just the tiniest bit underwhelmed.Maybe we had been looking forward to it too much if you know what I mean... We would however return just to see what its like at night.

3  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Myself and my husband went to this restaurant on saturday night. The food is out of this world, i have eaten in lots if restaurants around thd word snd this one is nothing shirt of fantastic!!!!
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, especially a young lady called Natalie, who served us, and was helpful and cheerful all evening, a credit to this restaurant.