“only for the location”

Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We Serve Traditional fish and chips. Take away or restaurant plus icecream parlour. A self service restaurant.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

we spent a lovely 3 hours in stratford to day, this little town never fails to please, the river walk, the street buskers and entertainers, the brass band on the green, even the weather was good to us, before we left, we called in to a fish restaurant, BARNABYS in sheep street, it was in a good location overlooking the theatre, that is about all it has going for it, it was neither cheap or cheerfull, we have had better prepared food, and more helpfull and concerned staff from some transport cafe's, we gave it two stars, but only for the location,

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just a tip from someone who has know this place since the 1980's. Avoid it. All the tourists go there because of the location but I've always found the food awful. If you want decent fish and chips go to the Big Fish on the Maybird, or if you are walking Ely Street will be far better. The classic tourist ripoff as they don't need repeat trade IMHO

3  Thank Bumblespider
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Enjoyed the fish and chips. My friend enjoyed the kidney pie. Reasonably priced. Very friendly staff. We asked for take away and dined beside the Avon river. I Loved It!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went in to have fish and chips with my family on Monday 7th July, ordered 3 portions of fish and chips, all Haddock. I must say I was very disappointed, the fish was very solid and batter felt like rubber in my mouth. I left it all on the plate and didn't bother returning it. We went elsewhere....I do not recommend this place, fish and chips over £7.

2  Thank KateM23641
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having a wonderful day out in Stratford and felt like fish and chips by the river. We decided on Barnabys as we had been the previous year. What a bad decision the fish was not fresh was overcooked and very greasy.

1  Thank Arnie172014