“Excellent tour of Stratford”

Stratford Town Walk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Award-winning, entertaining, DAILY guided walking tour in Shakespeare's Stratford - interesting & informative. Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri 11am. Sat & Sun 11am and 2pm. Christmas Day 10:30am. Adult £6, over 65/stud £5, child £3. Under 8's free! No need to book (unless 10+), just turn up! Groups/Schools & bespoke private walks by prior arrangement. For entertainment with a difference, join the magical evening Ghost Walk every Sat at 7.30pm with Vincent, Herbert, Mib or Jocasta, professional entertainers or actors. Hear stories of ghosts, witches, murder & misery. Good old-fashioned story-telling. Please telephone to book the Ghost Walk (before 6pm on the day). Adult £7, Child £5. Groups by arrangement & Halloween special. For more info and updates about walks/tours visit out website or call us!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We recently had occasion to visit Stratford and decided to go on the guided walking tour. As there were about 30 people, we were split into two groups. We had a guide, Jackie, who was entertaining as well as informative. The walk takes about 2 hours and should be easily done by most people. The tour gives a good idea of what Stratford would have been like during Shakespeare's time and I would recommend it for visitors to the town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"shakespeare houses"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2014

best value you'll spend in Stratford. Great for getting your bearings and finding out more about Stratford than you'll ever get just wandering around alone. John the guide was a great host. A thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours and highly recommended

1  Thank reas0nable_traveller
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I arrived on a slightly blustery day out to Stratford Upon Avon to join a morning tour with Helen of the town. I must say that the tour was excellent. It set off at a very comfortable pace and Helen was extraordinarily knowledgeable. She was very accessible to everyone on the tour and made us all feel very welcome. She often stopped to ensure that anyone who had a question could ask and greeted every question with enthusiasm. I was most impressed. The tour lasted a bit over 2 hours and took in the principal sights of the town - the birthplace of Shakespeare, where he took his family (New House), Holy Trinity (where he's buried) and lots more. There was lots of information for the Shakespeare buffs as well as lots of general information in case you're looking for a less specific experience.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend the tour for anyone heading that way!!

1  Thank Rafael G
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I took this walk one Sunday in July with Margot McCleary as our guide. I thought I knew quite a bit about Shakespeare but Margot enlightened both of us on many juicy tidbits of the Bard's life which were really fascinating. The tour, which lasted a little over 2 hours, focused primarily on Shakespeare, his life and family, and his career; Stratford, after all, would not be as famous as it is if the playwrite hadn't been born and lived here. However, Margot expertly interspersed his life story with aspects of life in general in this town during the Elizabethan era. She is also very knowledgeable on the architechture and building techniques of the time, walking us by several buildings in order to explain and contrast the differences in construction from various time periods from the pre-Shakespearean age until the present day. Unfortunately there isn't enough space for me to review all the wonderful things we saw and learned so I will wrap up my comments by saying that Margot's tour was definitely the most informative and fascinating one we've ever taken during our many travels. I'm amazed at how much our guide packed into 2 hours...I honestly wish it had lasted 3 hours so we could have gleaned yet more details from someone who really knows her stuff and presents it with clarity and humour. So, if you're in Stratford upon Avon, definitely take Margot's Town Walk.
Many thanks,
Greg Miller, Chico, CA, USA

1  Thank Lea M
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone who visits Stratford should definitely participate in a night ghost walk! It started at 7:30pm and lasts for one and a half hours. Our host was called Vincent, he was simply fantastic!

Your taken through the streets of Stratford and stop at numerous destinations where you will be told interesting facts and stories! I was kept gripped right from the word go as Vincent is excellent at what he does!

Although, it is scary, jumpy and a tad frightening, it also has comical steaks which are very entertaining! I won't reveal too much as I don't want to be a spoiler!

Please go on the ghost walk if in Stratford.. If not, you will regret it!

2  Thank Michelle A