“Theatre accomodation”

Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is an excellent place to stay for a visit to Stratford - clean, comfortable, accessible, good value for money, very friendly, helpful staff. Walkable to theatre if fit, reasonable taxis if not. Free car parking a definite plus!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge hotel in Stratford upon Avon for our anniversary between 9th-12th June 2014. The hotel was well maintained and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a room that overlooked the main road, but the sound of the traffic never bothered us. Opposite the hotel was a Tesco store, so that was very handy. I cannot praise the staff enough, and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Stratford upon Avon Travelodge is a 13 minute on the level stroll (able 62 year old) from Shakespeare's Birthplace which is close to SUA town centre. It's on the main road in, so traffic noise is a bit of an issue – best to ask for a room overlooking the car park at the back. Opposite is a retail park with a Tesco's, Costa Coffee, W H Smiths, Next, Asda Home etc. So easy access to bits and pieces like water, papers and so on. On the same block there is a Domino's Pizza Outlet and a Lidl next door. Everything is catered for!

When we checked in Kevin was on the reception. He was extremely friendly and helpful as well as efficient – full marks.

We had asked for a family room and were allocated 312 on the top (3rd Floor). This overlooked Hamlet drive – it had to be, or not to be. Luckily for us the weather was very good during our stay but this did mean the room was quite warm.

This was our first time in a Travelodge. We understand that the hotel has recently been refurbished. The room was quite large with a double bed and two single put up beds. Room, bedding, bathroom and towels were all spotless and the housekeeping during our stay was excellent. We had been told by friends to take our own towels, but absolutely no need. Those provided were large, fluffy and clean.

The window was a little small and as a consequence the room a little dark but you don't spend much time in your room when visiting Stratford. No soap but you do get a little bottle of hand wash – the only toiletry provided in the room, but you can go downstairs for extras. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided.

Didn't sample the “all you can eat” breakfast simply because I would do exactly that and all I needed was a couple of slices of toast and a coffee (supplied across the road and down a bit at Costa Coffee).

For our 3 night stay we paid £82.50. On that basis I would be inclined to award 5 stars as excellent value for money but my wife has told me it must be a 4 stars to reflect the accommodation more appropriately i.e she has told me to give far nicer (and more expensive) places only 4 stars.

Room Tip: Rooms facing car park at rear quieter and I suspect lower floor cooler in warm weather
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Two_Fogies
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

where shall I start. me and my partner booked a room for 1 night at a cost of 55 pounds excluding breakfast. we enter the room and basic is the best word I can come up with.the room was small The room lacked the basics. no phone for a wake up call or room service. only 1 double socket in the room positioned no where near the mirror for my partner to use a hairdryer ect. only 1 side of the socket actually worked anyway. plastic glasses for water. both cracked. the bathroom floor was noisey when walked on. but the room did include a bottle opener screwed to the desk. useless idea. a pleasant stay. will use other hotels if I stay in startford again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Horribly basic room, only one electrical socket, door was open on arrival so no idea if everything in the room should have been there, no hand soap in bathroom, no iron or ironing board and just overall really disappointed as I though it was horribly basic and the things I mentioned as being missing I consider to be a minimum expectation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

No real issues with this hotel. Quite handy for the centre of Stratford, though on a colder night or someone with mobility problems a taxi might be more sensible.
Staff were very friendly and accommodating (with amusing conversation in the morning....thanks for that) and overall extremely helpful.
The room was as you'd want it, comfortable, clean and had towels, tea making, tv etc etc etc.
The only vague gripe was I found it to be just a tad bit expensive, however this may be the curse of Stratford rather than poor pricing on Travelodges part.

Recommended overall.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If it's a bed for the night in a clean environment, this is great.
I Stayed with the family in a "Family Room". The hotel has just been updated so is fresh. The room was spacious, has a tv, coffee & tea making facilities. The bathroom had a powerful shower bath with towels provided, no toiletries are provided & the decor in the bathrooms is dated but very clean.
We paid £70 for 2 adults & a 15 year old. My son slept on a type of camp bed & did say it was not very comfortable. This price included a full English breakfast for all of us. I would recommend this hotel for a cheap & cheerful 1 or 2 night stay & really don't think you can complain for the cost.
The Travelodge is situated just outside the town centre, & can easily be walked . It rained whilst we were there so we booked a taxi for the evening at a cost of £4 each way.

Room Tip: You get 30 minutes free wifi.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family