“Superb food and service”

Oak Room @ Ettington Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Actually, we ate in the library at Ettington Park because we had a large group of 14 people. The service was excellent and the food was exquisite. I expected it to be good, but it was really excellent. A simple smoked mackerel starter had my taste buds begging for more and all my colleagues agreed.

Visited November 2013

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were seated in a dark corner near the door we thought this was because it was busy but after we finished our meal there were only about 4 couples dining. We ordered a bottle of wine which was really expensive for the quality. It arrived before our starter but still had not been opened after we finished or sarter I had to ask for it to be opened and the waitress said she could not find a corkscrew! The roll we were offered was cold although the waitress had told us it was warm, the seafood cocktail was a very small two mouthful prawn cocktail nothing special, the main course was fish a tiny piece of bream, on top of half a carrot cut into batons and five green beans, with three small new potatoes cut in half and placed around the edge of the plate with a small amount of sauce drizzled over them. This was very disappointing as it was nothing special I could have made both of these courses at home. It was definately not fine dining. The dessert was better although my husband ordered lemon tart and when it arrived it was brown. I told the waitress that the order was wrong and we had ordered lemon tart and she was quite sharp and told me 'it is citrus'. I was not it was chocolate but we had had enough by this point so just ate it. I would not go back as if we had not had a voucher this would have cost us over £100

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 46Valentino
U.K.
“Ambience”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

All of the public rooms at Ettington Park have ambience by the bucket load, they reflect the period when Shakespeare is alleged to have visited the property, if you like wood panelling, ornate ceilings and antique mirrors, this is the place.

Visited September 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Great location, so-so food...”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

A group of us went here for Sunday lunch, and you really can't fault the location. The building itself is stunning, and the grounds make for a very rewarding walk after dinner. We were made very welcome when we arrived, and were shown into the lovely Drawing Room for pre-lunch drinks (good selection, but very pricey). We were then shown into the Oak Room for lunch. The service here was a little inconsistent, as we were waited on by three different members of staff - ranging from nervous, to overly-friendly. In terms of ordering and delivering food though, there were no issues. The food itself was good without being spectacular, although the portion-size - even for a fine-dining restaurant was a little disappointing. My desert in particular was tiny - two mouthfuls! I have to say, that I was still hungry after three courses - which is very unlike me when I dine out. Having said that, a three-course Sunday lunch for £24.95 in such wonderful surroundings was just about worth the money.

• Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous food but a little pricey”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Food was delicious, service is amazing, wine is a really nice selection of high quality wines. The only issue you may have is that it's all such high quality, the prices are more like central London Michelin star price rather than country retreat. However, it was good enough for me to feel perfectly happy picking up the tab.

Visited August 2013