“SUNDAY LUNCH”

Oak Room @ Ettington Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

ETTINGTON MANOR, very grand house hotel, with 40 acres of beautiful Warwickshire countryside.
Beautiful sunny day with spectacular sights and setting, sadly the lunch was not as good as the settings.
Do not get me wrong it was fantastic, but not 5 stars for the food, the menu was limited and the beef was swimming in gravy, however the rest was to die for.
What better than a fabulous afternoon at a beautiful manor house with over 2000 yrs of history on a lovely sunny day in march.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Fantastic food in an elegant environment, with unparalleled and friendly service. Highly recommend the sea bass.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Actually, we ate in the library at Ettington Park because we had a large group of 14 people. The service was excellent and the food was exquisite. I expected it to be good, but it was really excellent. A simple smoked mackerel starter had my taste buds begging for more and all my colleagues agreed.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were seated in a dark corner near the door we thought this was because it was busy but after we finished our meal there were only about 4 couples dining. We ordered a bottle of wine which was really expensive for the quality. It arrived before our starter but still had not been opened after we finished or sarter I had to ask for it to be opened and the waitress said she could not find a corkscrew! The roll we were offered was cold although the waitress had told us it was warm, the seafood cocktail was a very small two mouthful prawn cocktail nothing special, the main course was fish a tiny piece of bream, on top of half a carrot cut into batons and five green beans, with three small new potatoes cut in half and placed around the edge of the plate with a small amount of sauce drizzled over them. This was very disappointing as it was nothing special I could have made both of these courses at home. It was definately not fine dining. The dessert was better although my husband ordered lemon tart and when it arrived it was brown. I told the waitress that the order was wrong and we had ordered lemon tart and she was quite sharp and told me 'it is citrus'. I was not it was chocolate but we had had enough by this point so just ate it. I would not go back as if we had not had a voucher this would have cost us over £100

1  Thank 46Valentino
Reviewed 6 October 2013

All of the public rooms at Ettington Park have ambience by the bucket load, they reflect the period when Shakespeare is alleged to have visited the property, if you like wood panelling, ornate ceilings and antique mirrors, this is the place.