“Everything I Could Want In A Pub”
Review of Old Thatch Tavern

Old Thatch Tavern
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Thatched, low beamed and flag stone floor tavern. Dates from 1470 and has many original features. Log fires., Lovely leaded windows and a cosy atmosphere.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed everything about Old Thatch during our vacation. We made a point of having at least a pint there every night we were in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

The atmosphere is great, the service friendly, and the food good.

Best chips we had for the 3 weeks we were in the UK.

If you're an adventurous eater, try the faggots and gravy (offal meatballs in gravy for the other yanks like me).

1  Thank Rumdood

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our waitress and barman were very friendly with the food being served quick and hot. I had fish with yummy mushy peas and lovely chunky chips, my only complaint was the fish seemed a bit old and was a very thin cut. However my husband thoroughly enjoyed his pie of the day and chocolate and raspberry tart.

1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have known this Pub for several years and if I want to use a pub in town then this would always be my first choice - just for a drink or for a meal out - either way, the service is friendly and efficient and the atmosphere comfortable and relaxing. The decor is traditional with comfortable sofa's and chairs and even a roaring log fire in the Winter. It is a Pub and it serves decent 'home-cooked' pub-type food - there are better restaurants in the town if you want fine dining but you will be hard put to find a better pub. No ghastly background music, just a nice mix of local people and visitors relaxing and enjoying themselves. It is what a pub should be about and, because it is comfortable with itself, it makes its customers feel comfortable too.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very disappointed with the quality of the Fullers Summer Ale last night. However what really made the visit unforgettable was the fact they are charging Hotel prices for the beer. Had some very good meals there in the past but the experience last night means I will not be returning there any time soon.

2  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We came in from tour of Stratford on a rainy wednesday, and the tomato soup surely warms us up. We enjoyed the Roast of the day and savor their homemade fresh apple pie. Don't miss this cozy pub!

1  Thank Paul Francis C