“Appalling shocking Service!!!!!”
Review of The Encore

The Encore
Price range: US$16 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Encore is situated next to the River Avon and RSC theatre in the historic town of Stratford Upon Avon. We are open every day whatever the occasion, whether popping in for a drink to dining in our beautiful upstairs restaurant.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Myself and 10 other women average age of 35 including my mum 60 and her friend of the same age were in Stratford Upon Avon for a sophisticated hen do for my sister.

We were booked into the Arden hotel which is just amazing and they couldn't do enough for us and we had the most wonderful tea and cakes mid morning on the Saturday which I highly recommend!

After a lovely evening meal out at No9 Church Street which was also fantastic and the staff were wonderful we called into The Encore for a drink before heading back to the hotel, we stood at the bar for 15 minutes and the bar staff totally ignored us and carried on serving other people. After a while one of the bar staff came across and asked if we were a hen party (my sister wearing a bride to be sash we could hardly say no.

The lady said I am sorry we do not serve hen parties you will have to leave! I have never heard anything quote so stupid in all my life. Its not like we were a bunch of rowdy teenagers and if we were to enter The Encore without a sash on my sister they would have been none the wiser.

We were going to order a couple of bottles of Verve Clique champagne or similar so their loss and we found another lovely bar who made a lot of money out of us that night.

4  Thank Ronijh11
General Manager A, Manager at The Encore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your review and your feedback. I will take these comments onboard and relay them back to our team.

Guest Care Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Myself and my husband went here for an evening drink. We didn't have food on this occasion but the menu and the food we did see and smell looked lovely, we would definitely consider eating here on our next visit to Stratford.
Inside the bar is very cosy with warm colours and soft lighting, a lovely comfortable place to enjoy a few drinks with friends or for a romantic evening. The drinks are on the expensive side (£2.90 for a shot of Sambuca!) but the service is good along with the surroundings. Ideally placed by the side of the river with a lovely outlook to one side and real fires for during the colder months.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We popped in for a pre theatre meal, the staff were very friendly and helpful, there was a good selection of beers and ciders and we all really enjoyed our meals, reasonable prices too

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went for Sunday lunch today & had a wonderful table upstairs by the window with an excellent view over the Bancroft Basin. Our meal was excellent & the staff were extremely efficient & pleasant. We will definitely return. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have been to Stratford on a number of occasions now and we always wend up going to The Encore for our evening dining.

Lee and his staff are gerat company and very accommodating whenever we have made any special requests.

The food is great and very good value.

We will be back!