“Birthday Meal”

Price range: US$20 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Stratford upon Avon, 70 yards from Shakespeare's birthplace and 5 minutes from the Theatres, Il Moro is a family run Italian restaurant with a twist. Chef/owner Massimiliano Melis, from the south of Sardinia believes in serving traditional, simple, home-made Italian cuisine but also enjoys the challenge of infusing flavours from his homeland into his dishes. All of our pasta, bread and desserts are hand-made in house, making Il Moro a little bit more than the average Italian restaurant.Within stylish and elegant surroundings, guests can enjoy a glass of prosecco at the bar before dining or weather permitting, a light bite on the roof terrace which affords stunning views across the rooftops of Stratford. Stepping into Il Moro is like stepping into another world - one that is steeped with tradition and has a real authentic feel but is at the same time contemporary and fresh in its approach to food and service.
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Great service and lovely authentic Italian (Sardinian) food. The staff were very friendly and were brilliant in arranging a very scrummy chocolate and strawberry cake for my daughter's birthday. When we booked through Open Table we added that it was my daughter's birthday and could we have cake brought out. They rang me to arrange what she would like, and when we arrived there were balloons on the table and for dessert they brought the cake out complete with 16 candles - very thoughtful and very much appreciated - a big thank you and we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We chose this restaurant based upon Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed.

The service was excellent from arrival and the entire night the staff were extremely friendly yet professional.

Starters we chose were calamari for my husband and carpaccio for me, both were wonderful. For main my husband had a lamb leg steak from the specials menu and I had a prawn and linguine dish which absolutely stole the show! All the food was faultless and really delicious, we have not stopped talking about it since we left the restaurant!

Two courses plus bottle of wine, coffees and liquors came to £74 which we thought was extremely reasonable.

Can't recommend this restaurant enough!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had booked a table for four on Staurday March 17th, Starters were very good and we all expected that the next courses would all be equally as tasty based upon first impression. Ironiclly we all ordered Fillet Steaks - big mistake, as they were all of poor quality with one in particular being very, very chewy in fact totally not edible (and was left). We made our waitress aware when she came round to clear away and we recieved a poor excuse for an apology. Dessserts faired little better with two of our party ordering Panacotta, which when it arrived was so very obvioulsy 'split' and as if that was bad enough, it also came complete with a skin the thickness, I have not seen the likes of since my early days eating school dinners!!!

The check came with no offer of a reduction for the poor quality of the fillet steak of the disgusting panacotta.

Our friends live locally and had not eaten here before, needless to say neither couples will be going back or recommending this place.

4  Thank SJL64
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My Mum and I visited for an early dinner on Saturday and were warmly greeted by the owner and seated quickly. We had the pre-theatre menu and were not disappointed by the quality of ingredients and super flavours.
I'd visit again - it's definitely worth trying out.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Had a lovely meal on Saturday evening. Friendly service, lovely food and very reasonably priced. The only downside was that it was slightly lacking in atmosphere.