“Great food, great wine, great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Moro

Il Moro
Price range: US$19 - US$58
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated in the heart of Stratford upon Avon, 70 yards from Shakespeare's birthplace and 5 minutes from the Theatres, Il Moro is a family run Italian restaurant with a twist. Chef/owner Massimiliano Melis, from the south of Sardinia believes in serving traditional, simple, home-made Italian cuisine but also enjoys the challenge of infusing flavours from his homeland into his dishes. All of our pasta, bread and desserts are hand-made in house, making Il Moro a little bit more than the average Italian restaurant.Within stylish and elegant surroundings, guests can enjoy a glass of prosecco at the bar before dining or weather permitting, a light bite on the roof terrace which affords stunning views across the rooftops of Stratford. Stepping into Il Moro is like stepping into another world - one that is steeped with tradition and has a real authentic feel but is at the same time contemporary and fresh in its approach to food and service.
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great wine, great service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My boyfriend booked this restaurant as a surprise for me as I had wanted to go for ages. (I was surprised he managed to get us a table as it was a Saturday night in the early May bank holiday weekend!!) We had a lovely evening and a fabulous meal, and the Italian Merlot we had went down a charm!! The staff were ever so polite and helpful since the menu was written all in Italian and we were struggling a bit. I was so impressed by the end of our meal that I got a loyalty card (one my first visit to Il Moro!!!), which I intend to use and abuse more often whenever we dine out or just pop down for a drink! Highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants to try true Italian cuisine, as opposed to high street Italian restaurants - Il Moro is one of the best examples of successful local family-run businesses!! The atmosphere is great and very relaxing, and we thought we got great value for money based on the quality of the food (all fresh produce, we were assured) and the overall service we experienced :) Big thumbs up for Il Moro, my new favourite Italian restaurant!!

1 Thank Adelina M

• Korean first
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We dined with friends on their wedding anniversary. The atmosphere excellkent and the food delicious. Would happily return if we visit Stratford again.

1 Thank TJ1941
Singapore, Singapore
“Overall, an OK place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We came here for an early dinner, so we managed to go for the pre-dinner theatre menu, which was cheaper than the normal set dinner. The salmon carpaccio was quite refreshing, the pork ripieno was also quite well prepared. Shellfish pasta was OK, while the tiramisu was a bit too dry. Overall an OK place.

Previous reviews mentioned that the menu was hard to understand due to the names being in Italian, but our menu was in English and we had no issues reading it at all.

2 Thank Goomba81
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I ate here for the first time ,before going to an evening performance at the RSC. The reviews were good but the experience was even better. This is a real family run Italian restaurant and it is Sardinian.
I have not yet been to Sardinia but will have to visit if this is what the food,wine and service is like there. It opens at 5.00 pm,great for an evening performance at the RSC.
The garlic bread,often an over worked cliche,was fantastic. Freshly baked in the pizza oven with rosemary. And the Grissini were also home made and as good.
The anti pasta special of the day was a lovely Bruschetta of fresh broad beans with Sardinian cheese.
I chose a Sardinan pasta, walnuts cheese and herbs. This was accompanied by a really good Sardiinian white wine (£21).
Service was as good as the food and wine.

birmingham england
“marvellous moro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is an exceptionally good sardinian restaurant. It provides a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy the home made food it provides. The menu was interesting offering pasta, pizza, meat, fish and vegetables, with a menu of the day and a fixed price menu option. We ordered a table for 5pm before going to the theatre, which was a couple of minutes walk away. We started with a light lemon and rosemary flavoured warm bread, with home made bread sticks and olives accompanied with refreshing glasses of prosecco. I chose a started of grilled asparagus with cheese. It was perfectly cooked. I then had a delicious mushroom risotto which was offered on the menu in two sizes. I chose the smaller size which was generous. We ordered the white house sicilian wine which was light and fresh. I finished with a coffee which was accompanied by a light, spiced biscotti again home made. The service was quietly attentive, a marvellous place to spend time if you go to stratford on avon.