“Our Visit was Bitter Sweet.”
Review of The Garrick Inn

The Garrick Inn
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The oldest pub in Stratford-upon-Avon. Link to their menu's http://www.pub-explorer.com/warwks/pub/garrickinnstratforduponavon.htm
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My sister and brother in law are over from New Zealand (where we are from but I live in the UK) and stopped here for lunch on our way back home after a few days of hard core sight seeing. We were proud to show this this stunning place because as you can imagine, we don't have buildings this old in our country. They were so excited and then we went in for a meal and everything changed. Firstly we waited over an hour for our food and half the order was missing. My son didn't even get his milk (he is 4) and I had to ask for it. The food was average at best. We paid £5 for a small bowl of Macaroni and Cheese which was the exact same side as the side order of Mac Cheese for £2.89. They forgot the chips that went with it and when he finally brought it out, I had already eaten the Mac Cheese and just wanted to leave.My husband is Scottish and if your Scottish you'll know you can't eat Mac n Cheese without chips. It certainly wasn't because they were busy as there were only 4 other people in the restaurant. Yet the staff were running around like mad things. My husband got a pulled pork bap which was in fact a Pulled Pork Burnt Burger. It was on a Sesame Seed Bun like at McDonalds. My boys were supposed to get Ice Cream but we just left and asked them not to bring it. It was really dire. I was embarrassed for my sister and brother in law who had come all the way from New Zealand who's biggest memory of Straford Upon Avon is The Garrick Inn. Never again. We actually left no tip for the first time EVER.

christoferson, Manager at The Garrick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back. I am extreamly sorry for the poor service you recieved and there is no excusing it. Although you may have been the only table in the restaurant if it was after lunch time our staff are still extreamly busy preparing every thing ready for the next wave. However this is not acceptable therefore I have spoken to my team to ensure that this will not happen again and we have put in place precautions to ensure that every one receives the best possible service all day. As a managed house we are subject to portion controls and our prices are regularly reviewed. I have brought this up with appropriate managers to see if we can chnage this. Over all I do apologise for the experience you have recieved. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback it has helped us develop and give customers the best experience they deserve.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Came across this pub when looking for lunch after arriving for a three day break in Stratford. Was not dissapointed fast efficient service food lovely and reasonably priced. A lot of character.

What a loverly review. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back we really appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friend and I ended up here for lunch; a very charming pub and the food was absolutely amazing! One of the best meals I've had - ever! We shared the veggie burger (cheese and red pepper burger) which was scrumptious and the smoky bean chilli baked potato - I thought I had died and landed in heaven.
Truly to be recommended this place!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and the food you had. We offer a wide selection of veggie meals if you come again make sure you try the asparagus pea and mint pasta, it's to die for. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Popped in on Sunday and soon popped out again after being charged well over £8 for 1 pint of lager and 1 short with mixer. Utter tourist trap rip off.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back. I'm sorry for the disapointment with our prices, however we rarely get complaints about our drink prices and have a set of regulars who have been coming in for years and have never said a word. The average pint in Stratford is £4 only one of our largers mets that priceing. Thank you however for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

my wife and i were on a day trip with friends on Saturday, to Stratford-upon Avon.Got there at lunch time so went to find somewhere for lunch, Came across The Garrick,went in and it was very busy, but the waitress came and found us a table. Choice of food was very good and at reasonable prices, Service was very good, Staff very good, all in all it was a very enjoyable visit and would recommend it.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back, we do get busy because of our central location but we will always try our best to find you a table. Hope to see you soon.