“Great Inn that has kept its features” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garrick Inn

The Garrick Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The oldest pub in Stratford-upon-Avon. Link to their menu's http://www.pub-explorer.com/warwks/pub/garrickinnstratforduponavon.htm
Kent, United Kingdom
“Great Inn that has kept its features”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We tried to find an Inn in Stratford that felt, well you know, old. It seems that unless you want somewhere that has been revamped beyond recognition you've got a problem. Luckily whilst waiting for our table at the wonderful Lamb restaurant we found this little place. The only thing that spoils it is the TV in the front bar but other than that it is old and feels old. Terrific.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah H
christoferson, Manager at The Garrick Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave you review and thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in offering a olde world atmosphere for our customers. Hope to see you again soon.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Great place to eat and visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The waitress Emma, was the first person we met. Excellent customer service, so friendly and inviting. We where seated and our order taken. She recommended our wine, which was an excellent choice , thank you. The food is absolutely first class and very reasonable .We would recommend this Pub to anyone

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Chrisste1
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We really appricate your feed back. I've shown Emma this review and she sends her thanks it's nice to know that our staff are friendly and helpful towards our customers. We look forward to see you soon on your next visit.
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Our Visit was Bitter Sweet.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My sister and brother in law are over from New Zealand (where we are from but I live in the UK) and stopped here for lunch on our way back home after a few days of hard core sight seeing. We were proud to show this this stunning place because as you can imagine, we don't have buildings this old in our country. They were so excited and then we went in for a meal and everything changed. Firstly we waited over an hour for our food and half the order was missing. My son didn't even get his milk (he is 4) and I had to ask for it. The food was average at best. We paid £5 for a small bowl of Macaroni and Cheese which was the exact same side as the side order of Mac Cheese for £2.89. They forgot the chips that went with it and when he finally brought it out, I had already eaten the Mac Cheese and just wanted to leave.My husband is Scottish and if your Scottish you'll know you can't eat Mac n Cheese without chips. It certainly wasn't because they were busy as there were only 4 other people in the restaurant. Yet the staff were running around like mad things. My husband got a pulled pork bap which was in fact a Pulled Pork Burnt Burger. It was on a Sesame Seed Bun like at McDonalds. My boys were supposed to get Ice Cream but we just left and asked them not to bring it. It was really dire. I was embarrassed for my sister and brother in law who had come all the way from New Zealand who's biggest memory of Straford Upon Avon is The Garrick Inn. Never again. We actually left no tip for the first time EVER.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back. I am extreamly sorry for the poor service you recieved and there is no excusing it. Although you may have been the only table in the restaurant if it was after lunch time our staff are still extreamly busy preparing every thing ready for the next wave. However this is not acceptable therefore I have spoken to my team to ensure that this will not happen again and we have put in place precautions to ensure that every one receives the best possible service all day. As a managed house we are subject to portion controls and our prices are regularly reviewed. I have brought this up with appropriate managers to see if we can chnage this. Over all I do apologise for the experience you have recieved. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback it has helped us develop and give customers the best experience they deserve.
south yorks
“Lunch food vey nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Came across this pub when looking for lunch after arriving for a three day break in Stratford. Was not dissapointed fast efficient service food lovely and reasonably priced. A lot of character.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
What a loverly review. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feed back we really appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friend and I ended up here for lunch; a very charming pub and the food was absolutely amazing! One of the best meals I've had - ever! We shared the veggie burger (cheese and red pepper burger) which was scrumptious and the smoky bean chilli baked potato - I thought I had died and landed in heaven.
Truly to be recommended this place!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and the food you had. We offer a wide selection of veggie meals if you come again make sure you try the asparagus pea and mint pasta, it's to die for. Hope to see you again soon.