“Exceeded all expectations”
Review of The Arden Hotel

The Arden Hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed at The Arden Hotel for my wife's 50th Birthday last week. The location, across from the RSC was the main reason for picking this hotel as we had tickets for the theatre as part of the celebrations, however, we would not need a special reason to visit again; this has to be one of the best hotels either of us have ever stayed in!
From the welcome we received on arrival, to the fantastic room, (with probably the largest bed I have ever seen), to the evening turndown, nothing could be improved upon.
We chose to dine in the restaurant and enjoyed a great meal. (My wife was delighted to be offered a vegetarian menu.)
Breakfast, like everything else, was excellent and we can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank DandMCheshire
There are newer reviews for The Arden Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2011

My husband and I booked at the Arden for a three night break, we were made welcome as soon as we arrived and escorted to our beautiful room. The large bed was extremely comfortable and the bath/shower room was lovely and well stocked with shampoo, shower gel etc which was restocked daily. I was delighted to see fresh milk in the room fridge instead of the usual uht pots, that got us off to a great start!!! Our first evening meal in the Waterside Brasserie was lovely, again we were made very welcome by the staff and the food was outstanding, this standard was continued with beautiful breakfasts and the evening meals were something to look forward to each day! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Stratford and would most definately recommend the Arden Hotel. We would also recommend a tour on the Open Top Bus, this is excellent. Looking forward to next time.

1  Thank jjdurance
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night with my husband to celebrate wedding anniversary. What a fantastic hotel. From the second we arrived we were warmly welcomed and escorted to are room The rooms are named after trees, we stayed in the monkey puzzle with views onto the river and the RSC Theatre. Waiting in the room was an anniversary card and box of chocolates from hotel.The room was beautiful, huge bed with mattress and pillows that were so comfortable.Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great with good choice. High standard of decor throughout, just what you expect from boutique hotel. If you are looking for a romantic chilled getaway then this is the Hotel for you. Great location at heart of town with own car park so no struggling to park. BOOK Now

Room Tip: If you want a touch of luxury go for Monkey Puzzle room. BUT i would imagine all rooms are great
2  Thank Ciara021
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Wife and I spent a weekend in Stratfor Upon Avon without the baby . . . so we were bound to enjoy the weekend no matter what! The hotel is in an amazing location for the river and the theatre and the staff were incredibly friendly and tried where they could. I understand exactly why this hotel scores so well on trip adviser and I dont have any hesitation in recommending others but would have a few pointers:

The restaurant was good, not the michelin standard they are looking to aspire to, but certainly worth a visit.

We booked one of their 'feature suites' - the Holly, and we loved the space and the bathroom and shower room were spectacular (his and hers adjoining showeres - genius idea!). The things I think you should be midful of is that a lot of the rooms/suites overlook a side street (not busy, but still a publis street) this meant that for those on the ground floor people literally walk past the room and only the windows in the shower room are frosted, this means that for privacy we always had the blinds drawn which wasnt great. I dont want anyone to be scared by this and I can happily confirm that there was no noise from the street coming into our room, however the sound proofing from upstairs was another point and we could hear people walking around upstairs - not a major pain, and to be honest you expect a lilttle of this, but having spent a lot of money on the room I think next time I would book a first floor room.

The bathroom had a very odd smell and we asked for some scented sticks or fresheners which never arrived, but this is a mnior point as the rest of the room was spotless and the complimentary turn down/ water and champagne were very much appreciated! The bed was super comfy and we had a great night's sleep on both nights. If you are watching a play then there really is no better place to stay.

FInally - I did find the price of the room a little expensive. Having paid the same sort of prices for suites in the top hotels around the world I guess the Arden justify their rates by virtue of their amazing location, but I was tempted by some of the slightly less expensive wonderful looking spa hotels on the outskirts of Stratford - but all in all I'm glad I stayed here.

Room Tip: I would recommend you call ahead and try and get a room/suite on the first floor. There are no real...
1  Thank northern76
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My wife and I recently visited Stratford upon Avon to see plays performed at the RSC. The location of the hotel right opposite the RSC and the Avon was excellent. On top of that, the room we stayed in was extremely comfortable, well appointed with plenty of space. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was great. I would strongly recommend their excellent breakfast. The hotel is a perfect base from which to explore Stratford as well as attend performances.

3  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My first stay at this hotel was 16 yrs ago on our first wedding anniversary. It was great then. A return trip to celebrate our 16th anniversary needed to be special. Location is perfect for the river, Sunday Market, and RSC theatre just opposite. Restaurants and pubs on doorstep. I booked a theatre package with dinner b&b all in around £440 for superior room one night. Room was very clean with view of river and theatre. Bathroom excellent most of rooms refurbished. Lovely gardens and areas to have afternoon tea. Food is of good standard, I brought my own champagne, no corkage charge. Service very good. Overall a great romantic break. No air-conditioning tho but didn't matter. Due to location etc this place is very pricey but for a special occasion I feel it is worth it. If you want a cheaper weekend break in Stratford you may want to look else where.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank ironman16
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Everything about our stay was first class. From arrival to check out nothing was too much trouble. If we asked for anything extra ie: more milk it was brought to our room in seconds.
Fantastic bathroom with lovely products replenished everyday. Spotless room comfy bed marshmallow pillows. Original booking was for 3 nights ended up staying 5. Will be back asap! Well done to all the staff, keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Juniper room ,plenty big enough for 2 and massive bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple