“Very convenient with good car parking” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Arden Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Arden Hotel
Glasgow
“Very convenient with good car parking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent a night in this hotel on a tour of the Cotswolds. It is beautifully situated across the road from the RSC. We had a family room overlooking a side street and were given a welcome gift of fresh fruit. The room and bathroom were spacious.
We had dinner in the outside area of the hotel which was a bit crowded as it was a warm evening and guests and members of the public were eating there. Unfortunately we found the meal not to our liking as the chicken was dry and the fish had lots of bones.however breakfast in the morning, served inside was very good .

Room Tip: Apple is spacious if you are not too bothered about a front or garden facing room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

When I arrived in the Arden, I was surprisingly overjoyed that the hotel is just several steps away from Royal Shakespeare Company Theatre which is the mecca of my trip to Statford upon Avon.
I watched a play in spite of a modern one at the 450 years old theatre and I felt satisified. After the show, I took a late dinner at the hotel and I felt blessed. As a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, the Arden keeps the standard in every aspect although it is located in a town. I live comfortably for two nights.
The hotel room is not numbered and it seems not easy to find my room on the first day of my arrival. However on the day when I left the hotel, I found I missed it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
Hertfordshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Whilst day-tripping in Stratford, my partner and I decided to stay the night in Stratford.

Using tripadvisor and laterooms.com we came across this hotel in the centre of Stratford. On calling the hotel I was offered a cheaper rate than anywhere on-line and ended up in a superior room.

The room was really large, had a spa bath, a separate walk-in shower and large wardrobes.

The bed was really comfy, and in the morning we had a great choice of tea and coffee.

The full english breakfast was also included in the deal and it was great.

The staff in reception were really good in offering me the deal, and the staff serving breakfast were really friendly and great to chat to.

All the rooms are named after trees - but unfortunately can't remember the name of the room we stayed in - although it felt like a hike away from reception.

Overall - great value for money in a great setting - right by the theatre and river, plus all the shops and restaurants just around the corner.

The free on-site car park was a great bonus too.

Room Tip: If you can get a superior room, then great, as mine was faultless.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here using there Sunday night offer. Excellent room lovely Sunday lunch, the staff were all friendly and helpful. The location is the best in Stratford perfect position near river and theatre really enjoyed our stay, try it you won't be disappointed

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel in July 2014 with my parents in a family room/large king size room. The room was called the 'apple' room as all rooms were named after trees. It was a very large room with 2 separate areas for the beds. My parents had an enormous bed, with beautiful linens and I was on the pull out sofa, but it was very comfortable. The bathroom was also spacious and had both a bath and shower.
The hotel is beautiful inside, very light and airy reception area and a variety of bars/restaurants with 2 outdoor areas. We ate dinner outside but it felt less glamorous being outside than inside. The evening meal was ok but not as high quality as a general surroundings. However the hotel was so close the theatre and the waterfront/boats for hire and idea for visiting the town.
The breakfast food was delicious, so much to choose from and in elegant surroundings.
Overall an lovely experience in the morning.
Fruit was on our living room table on arrival as well as free bottled water. Welcome cards/messages were there for us in the room which was a lovely touch.

Room Tip: The Apple had an enormous bed and pull out sofa, very spacious room. The view was ok but not to the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a surprise overnight stay to celebrate my husband's birthday. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The room was excellent, very clean, spacious and comfortable with a very large bathroom.The room and bathroom had all the small touches that are often overlooked. A birthday card and small box of chocolates awaited my husband, courtesy of the hotel, a lovely touch. The location is wonderful, directly across from the RSC Theatre and the river. The weather was very kind to us and we dined and breakfasted on the Waterside Terrace. The food was excellent, service very professional and friendly. We chose the pre theatre dinning option having our starter and main course early and our dessert, coffee and liquors after the show. We are already looking forward to staying at The Arden again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Having read a few unfavourable reviews for both the hotel & it's restaurant, & given the price per room, I hoped this hotel would deliver - but deliver it did!

Not sure when those bad reviewers stayed, but I couldn't fault it. From the super-quiet aircon to the leaf tea at breakfast, everything was top class with super attention to detail.

Lovely room & great food in the restaurant, especially the chocolate & cherry pudding!

Would definitely recommend.