“best food ever, WOW!!!!!”
Review of The Arden Hotel

The Arden Hotel
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We stayed at The Arden as a valentines treat and i thought it was fantastic! The hotel itself was faultless and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The LIME room we stayed it was gorgeous with rose petals scattered on the huge bed, the champagne was on ice and the home made chocs were lush. The attention to detail was immense, never more so than in the resturant! The food was incredibile -a culenary masterpiece. The chefs innovitive style leaves me in no doubt that he is in fact some kind of gastro wizard. My most sincere complements to the chef!

Reviewed 15 February 2011

Tucked at the bottom of Waterside St in Stratford upon Avon is the Arden hotel.
The service from the moment you walk through the door is top-notch and nothing is a problem should you need anything taken care of.
The room interior was chic but cosy at the same time (all the rooms are named after trees). Loved the size of the bed and the bathroom. I only wish I could have stayed another night!!!

Reviewed 14 February 2011

Stayed 1 night for our 30th wedding anniversary treat. The Arden Hotel is in a fantastic location,set in lovely gardens alongside the River Avon opposite the RSC theatre with beautifully designed decor throughout. The Lime room (our bedroom) was very plush with a huge bed, plenty of space and a bathroom to die for. All the staff from the concierge meeting us in the car park to carry our luggage to the room and explaining where everything was, reception staff greeting, waiting staff serving curtiously with a smile, food cooked and served to perfection and even having our bedclothes prepared for us to retire to made our experience very special. Stratford is a lovely town with plent to do and see - shops, large and small, tearooms, restaurants ans pubs in abundance, of course the theatre and the river. We will hopefully go back soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

We spent a night at the Arden Hotel this weekend – the first away from our little boy since he was born nearly 2 years ago.

The hotel was easy to find being right opposite the RSC theatre and it looked beautiful as we drove past it on our way to the car park behind. The location is perfect – right on the river with town and shops a 2 minute walk away. If you’re out and about try out the Black Swan pub on the same road going away from the RSC. It is now officially my favourite pub anywhere!

Back to the hotel though – on arrival, the gardens and car park looked immaculate straight away and the reception area looks brand new, beautifully decorated and inviting! A lovely gentleman carried our suitcase upstairs to our room. We had upgraded from the classic room to a superior as we wanted a bath and paid £199 for room, dinner and b&b. The room was a good size – not massive but then the bed would have fitted 4 people so it’s probably an optical illusion! The bathroom was gorgeous – same size as the bedroom and with a huge bath and a large walk in shower that was amazing.

Nice touches in the room as others have said – a couple of pears, fresh milk, filter coffee, robes, nice smellies – made it feel special and luxurious.

Love the décor of the hotel which is a tree theme and the hotel is filled with beautiful fabrics, flocked wallpaper and romantic lighting.

The restaurant is equally as beautiful and the food was stunning. Well thought out, tasty and filling too! With our package we were allotted a £30 budget each for dinner and my only slight disappointment was that although I had asked a number of times for the menu but was referred to the sample online which displayed the most expensive main as £15 whilst in reality main courses ranged from around £17 - £25. The allowance therefore just about covered a starter & main but left nothing in the budget for a desert. I actually don’t think the meals were overpriced for the quality but that they should increase the allowance to cover a 3 course meal.

Anyway – after dinner we retired to the lounge and soaked up the atmosphere, two happy customers!

Breakfast – wow! They offer pretty much everything that you could want – full English, veggie breakfast, eggs, salmon, haddock, duck eggs, omelettes, cereal, cheese, cold meats…and of course a choice of coffees. Loved it!

Overall we had an amazing stay and we would definitely like go back. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a touch of luxury.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

Myself and my wife as making it a bit of a hobby to travel and seek new experiences in many hotels found that this hotel is above and beyond its category. The location puts you in the heart of the Town and directly opposite the Royal Shakespeare theater. From the moment we arrived and for the duration, the staff could not have done anything more to make our stay perfect.
The room we had was a master bedroom and could not find one fault. Spacious clean and of a very high standard. As for the restaurant, you would think that you were in a Michelin-starred restaurant and I know it won't be long before this becomes fact.
Also the Hotel has a lovely members/residents bar to have your after dinner coffee and relax in very well decor comfortable surrounding.
We will certainly be back and would recommend very strongly.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

This was our second time at the Arden Hotel. My husband took me there last July for our Wedding Anniversary. This trip was for my Birthday, I love Stratford and I loved the hotel last time we stayed so chose to go back again. The Hotel is in an ideal location, away from the direct hustle and bustle but close enough to walk to the shops and restaurants, it is directly opposite the new RSC Theatre, the river and Church where Shakespeare is buried. I had time to go for a quick stroll by the river while my breakfast was being freshly cooked (the breakfasts are cooked to order and are gorgeous).The hotel is chic, beautifully decorated and furnished, I would happily take home most of the furniture, fixtures and fittings. I recommend you book yourself a theatre ticket and stay at this gorgeous hotel, making sure you leave enough time for some shopping.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on tripadvisor as a surprise Birthday treat for my boyfriend. I originally booked a room for two nights and additionally a table at the Waterside. When I received an email informing me of the 'winter deals' in which I could get the same room with dinner included I called up an changed my reservation with no complaint and all the pleasantries I had received with my original booking.
I have to say everything thing at this hotel was first class. The food, service and accommodation were of the highest quality. We stayed in a deluxe room and have to say that the bed was amazing. I have a kingsize bed at home but it is not comparable in size to the one at the Arden which I have now learnt is a american king. The bath, shower and toiletries were also delightful and the whole room was spotlessly clean.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel. I somehow on departure left my evening shoes in the room and the hotel kindly posted them to me without delay or complaint. 10 out of 10, I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple