“Prefection on plates!”

Price range: US$23 - US$68
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located between the commercial centre and the heart of Stratford upon Avon’s “Old Town”, No9. Church St. is a grade II listed building dating back over 400 years.Renovated and refurbished to make the most of its original features and character the building is now home to Stratford’s latest addition to its vibrant and diverse restaurant scene.No.9 Church St. is the brain child of Wayne Thomson and Dan Robinson, friends and colleagues for the last 10 years and with over 30 years of culinary experience between them. Their aim is to make No.9 Church St. a town centre restaurant with a neighbourhood feel...serving seasonal British food with a contemporary twist in a relaxed environment with informal yet professional staff, the wine list will feature some fantastic Artisan wines at sensible prices.A unique feature of the restaurant will be Upstairs at No9. A private dining room offering bespoke, tailored menus and a dedicated Butler service to parties of up to 10 people, although larger parties can be catered for in the main restaurant by prior booking.
Stratford upon Avon
“Prefection on plates!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I very much enjoyed our recent visit to No.9 Church Street.
Every course was prepared exceptionally well and we loved the mixture of simple ingredients all cooked to perfection - highlight was the desert of poached rhubarb and vanilla cheesecake, but all 3 courses were truly stunning.
The atmosphere was good and the staff very polite and accomodating.
We really couldnt have asked for more.
As Stratford residents there is a lot of choice in the town, but we will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pvandnv

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Seriously lovely”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this beautiful little restaurant wandering around Stratford. The food was divine, I had an all things duck salad to start followed by steak, my other half had mushrooms with wild garlic pesto to start followed by liver, everything was perfectly cooked & very tasty, the staff were friendly, knowledgable, helpful & attentive without being in your face. The restaurant itself is quaint, pretty & homely. The toilet was actually a highlight, very clean & like going to a toilet in a house...would 100% recommend.

2 Thank MichelleYates78
“Lunch”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I had lunch here today with my mum, 2 courses for £13. The food was fabulous. I had pulled pork pastille for starters then perfectly cooked lambs liver for the main course. Both were gorgeous. Lovely place, small but intimate, great staff too. If I lived nearer I would go all the time. I would definately recommend it.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Amanda S
Birmingham
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

9 of us visited the restaurant and enjoyed a delightful evening in the private dining room upstairs. We had never been before and could not have been more pleased with the quality of the food and the excellent level of service. We all had the pre theatre menu which was very good value for money and all our choices were cooked perfectly. We were looked after so well I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and will definitely be back. I think its a real find.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank julieDBirmingham
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

this is by far one of the best restaurants in stratford the food is amazing I will be coming back again and again

Visited February 2014