“Geoff S”

The Waterside Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had Sunday lunch at the Arden Hotel two weeks ago and I realy enjoyed it my views are very much the same as they were when I first started going at the Hotel two years ago,excellent and great Staff.

1  Thank geoffrey s

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had Mothering Sunday lunch at The Arden on Sunday and very nice it was. The food was excellent, as was the service. The hotel is delightfully modern and overlooks the river. I would certainly recommend it.

1  Thank dopeyhopey
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My Mum and I went to The Arden for coffee on Saturday morning as a little treat. The location is wonderful, great terrace area over looking the river. We had a lovely table in the sun....sadly the service was awful, we waited 20mins for our like warm coffees and had to ask three times for the bill. A disappointing treat..

3  Thank LMC72
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Have stayed and eaten here a few times before, we are regular RSC patrons. Ate nice Sunday lunch here week before and so we booked a table for a pre theatre meal at 5.15, the time their suggestion, and arrived 15 mins early. M'd very busy with paperwork, tried to ask him if we could come in early, brusquely instructed to take a seat as he was busy. Went for a wander by the river, returned, M'd still doing paperwork, hung about whilst he unlaid a table a waiter had just laid..... he still ignored us....eventually another waiter approached us and went to M'd who told him to give us a table in the back room, facing a wall. Main restaurant, where we had booked for previous week, at that time had one table of 4 eating.
We sat at our naughty step table and contemplated the menu. Why should we be punished for turning up too early for VIP maitre'd? We left and ate a delightful meal elsewhere, I pity the staff who work for him.

2  Thank francophileEngland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Glad I hadn't read the reviews before booking for dinner here on the 1st of a 2 night stay at The Arden Hotel, Ate here on a Saturday evening and had no complaints about the food, the wine or the service. All were top-class. And the bearnaise sauce that accompanied the perfectly cooked rib-eye steak was the best I've ever tasted.

1  Thank ChertseyMary