We have just returned from a two night break which included breakfast on each morning and dinner on one night. First thing you come across is how immaculate the grounds are kept as well as the picturesque golf course. The hotel is a beautiful country house which is also immaculate with great views. Our room was an executive double in the main house which I would recommend over the standards which I believe are in the new wing. The room was spotless and the decor very tasteful. Good quality throughout and a 27" iMac which is the tv, computer, radio and DVD player in one. Pretty impressive. The only negative was the shower which didn't have much pressure. We walked into Stratford both days along the river which only takes about 20 mins and is a very pleasant walk. Stratford is a charming place with plenty of historic ineterest, shops, restaurants and bars, so all bases covered. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant on our last night and it was superb. All three courses were absolutely delicious and the service was first class. Breafast is also served in the restaurant and provided the largest selection of choices we'd ever come across. Every taste was covered and you just helped yourself. We didn't need to worry about lunch after having the breakfasts! We had a lovely time and would recommend this hotel to anyone and are looking forward to coming back some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe is a calendar country house located on the edge of Stratford-upon-Avon and the beautiful Cotswolds. It's a calendar house because it has 7 entrances, 12 fireplaces, 52 chimneys and 365 windows. Perfectly located within walking distance of Stratford-upon-Avon yet not far from the A46 and M40 motorway, this oasis has ample free parking on site. There's also 78 comfy bedrooms and 7 spacious apartments for groups of friends looking for a relaxing retreat, a wonderful spa with hydropool, an 18-hole championship golf course and acres of landscaped gardens which make for picture perfect wedding memories. Of course, if indulgence is on the menu, you can't go wrong with the award-winning menu, a classic combination of great British produce and seasonal specialities crafted with charm and innovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel And Golf Course
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel Course