We arrived at the Menzies on Thursday 21st of February, the drive up to the hotel was very impressive, as was the hotel when t come into view. We were warmly greeted by the receptionist, our room wasn't ready,which wasn't a problem as we had arrived late morning and hadn't expected it to be. We were asked if we wanted to use the spa facilities while our room was being prepared. Which we were planning to do.
The spa facilities were second to none. A very clean and well equipped spa with 4 spa rooms, a beautiful inside and outside pool. The staff were very helpful in explaining the codes to get in, lockers etc. we did use the gym before hand, and although quite small it had a wide range of equipment. The spa facilities were certainly a wonderful extra to the hotel.
The hotel itself was very beautiful and well decorated with a lovely large open fire and plenty of sitting to relax and just to let time slip away.
We ate at the restaurant in the evening and again could find no fault with either the quality of the food or the staff.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a relaxing break in a beautiful maintained hotel and with stunning scenery. Well done the staff at the Menzies no wonder this is your flagship hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country House Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Lastminute, Superbreak UK, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel And Golf Course
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel Course