My friends and I were doing a road trip and decided to stay one night at Menzies hotel. We arrived there late at night around 7pm.
The check in was very slow as front desk lady could find my reservation and printer was not working. After probably 25 minutes waiting she manage to give us our 2 rooms. My room was in one new extension to the old house. It look to me like a hospital or hospice. Bedroom decoration were poor and basic. TV system was via a desktop computer.
Despite all we decided to head to the bar and have a drink.
We set down in at the bar but one waiter decide that we would pretend there were no tables or costumes to serve. At that time there was only two other table occupied. After a long wait I manage to call his attention. We asked two waters and whiskey but when asked which whiskey the had he start saying he was new there and that he was tired then he turned around saying that he was off.
I was astonished with his attitude. I felt that I was in one of those tv programme where they frame people to make fun of them.
To cut this short, I've called the manager called Victor, he seems apologetic and decided to cop our first drinks.
I really hope he address his waiter bad attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country House Luxury Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel And Golf Course
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel Course