Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Stratford Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$150
US$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$122
Priceline
US$152
US$133
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$197
US$153
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$167
US$162
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$735
US$157
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
2,233 results
All reviewsvitality poolcountess suitespa facilitiesgolf breakgreat spabeautiful hotelfour posterstately homeupgraded to a suitespa weekendroaring firesteam roomthe main hotelcream teaevening mealchanging roomsstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Me and my Partner stayed at this Hotel over the May Bank Holiday weekend and have to say the service and attention to detail we recieved was outstanding.
Making the reservation was made easier by a helpful reservationist who not only explained the difference in room type but went out of her way to book a dinner resevation, Spa treatment and even a Taxi in Stratford town centre, which incidently is only 5 mins down the road, however this Hotel has the feel of being in the countryside,with its glorious golf course and beautiful well kept gardens.
Upon arrival, we drove up the scenic road, very careful not to hit the squirrels! (The Hotel has signs regarding this, lovely touch!) suddenly when the Hotel came into view, we realised we were in for a treat this weekend. The porter - although I cannot remember his name, was extremely efficient and helpful throughout our stay, he has clearly been at the Hotel for a years as he has many stories to tell! He greeted us at the door and helped us with the luggage to our room. The Reception team were friendly and again explained all the facilites that the Hotel has to offer reiterating everything the Reservationist had previously advised us.
Once checked in, we found our room to be very spacious with exhilarating views of the golf course and gardens, there is even a waterfall in the distance and a fountain - perfect setting for a Wedding.
We wandered to the Spa for our treatments - again all the staff were friendly and professional. The Spa is breath taking with a fully state of the art gym, level decked swimming pool, and a heated pool that is inside but with no roof! Amazing.
The best part of the weekend had to be the food, we had an excellent meal both nights and I can definitley see why the Restaurant has 2 AA Rosettes.
We will recommend this friendly Hotel and look forward to going back very soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2009

I booked this room on a Friday morning for Sunday arrival. I was quoted a reduced rate for an executive room on HB basis. When we arrived, our reduced rate was not noted, although I was told that it was on their computer system and that was what we would be charged. At the time of booking, I also made a reservation for dinner. When we arrived, we found out that no booking for dinner had been made and that the time that we wanted was not available. They subsequently were able to seat us half an hour later. The room was very nice, had a lovely view over the gardens. What a shame that the bathroom was not as nice. The hot water tap hardly worked and the shower was over the bath, not walk in. There were hardly any lights in the room, apart from bedside lamps. We noticed that light bulbs had gone in the chandelier in the dining room - something that should be fixed very easily. Dinner was alright, although we also found it hard to find anything for £30, and the halibut was definitely not worth £23!! Selection of sorbet for dessert was £8!! They had a wedding on and the noise carried on till 1 am, keeping my husband awake. Breakfast was alright - was surprised to not see any cheese out though. On check out, what a surprise! We were charged the original price for the room. It was immediately put right. People in front of me who were also checking out also complained about the noise of the wedding and another couple said that they had also had a few hiccups. If you are looking for a hotel near to Stratford and with large grounds, this is the hotel for you. If you are looking for a hotel with class - forget it!

Reviewed 17 May 2009

Wow, what can I say. We were fortunate to stay in the Ann Hathaway suite. What a fantastic place. Very peaceful, absolutely gorgeous surroundings, completely stunning, staff couldn't be nicer, extremely helpful and continued to make sure everything was to our satisfaction during our stay.
Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food, but I'm sure it would have been top class.
Cannot wait for another opportunity to go there again!

Reviewed 30 April 2009

The hotel is lovely and the views are amazing ! We had a lovely room with a separate lounge - I love the walkin showers that you don't get in modern hotels. The food and service were very good , bar prices are more expensive than most but when you have a drink on their terrace looking out over the gardens and the golf course it is worth it.
We had a great 2 nights - thoroughly relaxing - saving up to go again as my wife says its the best Spa she's ever been to.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2009

The setting of the hotel is fabulous. Grounds beautifully kept. Our room was fabulous and very clean. A few maintenance issues (3 bulbs blown) let it down. The Spa is fabulous and well worth a visit.
We had a drink in the first night in the bar before we went through for dinner. Dinner was gorgeous. The service here was the best in the hotel. When we went through for a coffee in the lounge after dinner it was disatrous. The tables hadn't been cleared since we had gone through to the dining room (2 hours previous) and our glasses were still on one of the tables. They were still there when I went to bed after 5 hours! I had a cappachino which was excellent. The Ameretto was either off or Cointreau had been mixed into it. When I mentioned this the barman told me 'If its off don't drink it!). Breakfast wasn't great either. The food was very cold. Mainly due to the dishes they were served in as they had to be kept closed to keep the food warm and the other guests had left them open. I ordered porridge as the buffet was cold and after 30mins it still hadn't arrived. The fresh fruit were not replenished or the other cold buffet items and the breakfast still had 30 mins until it finished. Breakfast the second morning was better. We were down just after it started and the cold buffet was full, porridge arrived swiftly although the hot items were cold again.

I would go back to the hotel again, just don't pay extra for breakfast unless you are there when they open.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple