Just returned from 3 days at this hotel with my husband and 15 year old daughter. The main hotel itself is lovely and comfortable, with oak panelling in the main rooms and a huge fire in the lounge. Breakfast in the beautiful dining room was buffet style with lots of choice. We had dinner in the hotel each night, which was always beautifully presented and very good, as well as being plentiful. The hotel spa is fabulous, with a large indoor swimming pool, a great heated outdoor section, with jacuzzis, steam room, sauna, etc. The gym was well equipped with television scrrens on the individual machines showing Sky Sports. A covered walkway from the hotel into the Spa would have been a bonus. The gardens and grounds are lovely with formal gardens and a large golf course. I have read some negative reviews of the standard rooms and I sort of know what they mean - they are in a separate newer wing of the hotel and though comfortable, the bathrooms are small and they lack the character of the main house, the bedrooms of which look lovely. If I stayed again I would definitely upgrade. However, saying that, we felt we had good value for money. Staff were all friendly and helpful. A special mention to the staff in the dining room who were very pleasant and attentive and also to the concierge who was always welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe is a calendar country house located on the edge of Stratford-upon-Avon and the beautiful Cotswolds. It's a calendar house because it has 7 entrances, 12 fireplaces, 52 chimneys and 365 windows. Perfectly located within walking distance of Stratford-upon-Avon yet not far from the A46 and M40 motorway, this oasis has ample free parking on site. There's also 78 comfy bedrooms and 7 spacious apartments for groups of friends looking for a relaxing retreat, a wonderful spa with hydropool, an 18-hole championship golf course and acres of landscaped gardens which make for picture perfect wedding memories. Of course, if indulgence is on the menu, you can't go wrong with the award-winning menu, a classic combination of great British produce and seasonal specialities crafted with charm and innovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel And Golf Course
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel Course