Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
US$98
US$95
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$72
Priceline
US$137
US$121
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$225
US$102
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$137
Great 4.5/5
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$230
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$207
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
2,567 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa breakevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingfour postershort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teastayed for one nighta lovely staystratfordweddingcharacter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary on dinner bed and breakfast summer rate, found the hotel to be excellent and so central that you could leave the car and walk around you are close to the river and aldo the shopping centre, we stayed in a classic room which was fine and pretty much like any other hotel room but they fo have more upgrated rooms to choose from as well but classis was fine for us, the food was excellent with plenty of choices for both breakfast and dinner and my only fault is that the drinks are very expensive even by hotel standards,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nordel
Reviewed 7 September 2012

my wife & i stayed there in august nothing was to much trouble for staff.food was very good. room very clean. ihav nothing to moan about at all. well done everyone. the drinks in the bar not cheap, but you only get wot you pay for so dont moan. service costs money keep it up macdonald hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shabbyNorfolk
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Return visit to hotel after several years, we remembered great location, food and service from previous visits and were not disappointed on this trip. Hotel is perfectly located for visiting town centre, only minutes away. Food was delicious, served by friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mito44
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I booked a shopping and spa package with champagne on arrival, Dinner, bed & breakfast direct through Macdonald central reservations. Having read some of the reviews on here I was a bit anxious especially as I was going alone for a bit of pampering and relaxation but the location appealed to me.
I arrived at the hotel at a bit too early to check in (11.15pm) so Reception directed me to the Vital Spa which was a long trek through the hotel with my suitcase. It took a while to get sorted as I had to go back to hotel reception to get a permit for my car as I realised it was a pay & display car park. Unfortunately Reception never mentioned this when I arrived so I had to make 2 long walks back & forth to the spa to sort this out.
SPA
The staff were very friendly in the Spa, the treatments were fantastic and the relaxation room was just what I needed, dimly lit, calm music and relaxing with free flowing refreshments. The only negative was that I was taken in to this calm quiet room fill in my forms and to be told about the spa, I was concious of disturbing a client who was in there relaxing and reading, I felt compelled to apologise to her. Perhaps a seperate area to fill in the forms and chat to clients would be more courteous as I too was disturbed later on when relaxing by more clients being shown around, at one point the dim lights were turned up brightly in order for them to fill in their forms totally spoiling the mood and my experience. The clients even apologised to me which they shouldn't have to do.
HOTEL OVERVIEW
Having stayed at the Randolph Macdonald Hotel in Oxford I was expecting a very high standard. From the outside the hotel looks charming and inviting and the inside of the old house was too. But the carpets are showing signs of wear and tear and thread bare in high traffic areas but overall not too bad. My room was in the additonal add on to the back of the house which was more like a dated chalet type building, however my single room was spotless, tidy and very comfortable. My only niggle was that my bedside lamp didn't work and I didn't notice until 11pm (too late to ring housekeeping as I was tired) so I had to keep the bathroom light on just in case I needed to get up in the night as the room was pitch black due to heavy curtains. The room was very hot so the noisy air con and the extractor fan from the bathroom made for a very restless disturbed night.
My package included meals which I cannot fault, absolutely delicious, lovely presentation and the staff were very attentive. As a woman dining alone I felt very comfortable, relaxed and looked after by the friendly staff.
RECEPTION
Check in was swift at 2.30pm after my spa, I made my reservation for dinner but had to point out that my package included champagne on arrival which I hadn't received so requested it be served with my dinner that evening.
On checkout I was charged for my spa treatment despite it being included in my pre-paid package so had to have it rectified. It would appear that reception are not aware of the packages being offered to the customer on check in hence my champagne being forgotten and being charged for inclusive treatments. Make sure you check your invoice before leaving.
I would definately consider going back for another spa package as the hotel is in such a great location and the food is amazing along with the comfortable rooms. The only thing that would prevent me booking again is the lack of a jacuzzi/hot tub in the pool area as this is surely a basic requirement in a spa.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TJmum_12
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here because we were attending a wedding reception. Excellent venue for this. Nice grounds etc. The room was offered at a concessionary price but was still not cheap. The room appeared to be original Tudor build and would have been popular with foreign tourists visiting the late William S. but it was a bit cramped, poorly lit and the en-suite was functional but well below the standard expected of this type of venue. The breakfast was excellent and our overall stay was comfortable. I cannot comment on the rest of the catering as the arrangements and contract were out of our hands but, as usual, we found the whole offer to be a little over-priced and under par. (We have used MacDonald hotels frequently in the past but have stopped doing so for these very reasons). On checkout, we found that a £1 charity donation (removable) had been added to our account. I am not averse from giving to charities but I object to being embarrassed into giving in this way (no matter how small - it is the principle! MacDonalds will ultimately get the kudos for giving this money which will no doubt do their image no harm!). The receptionist fully agreed with me! I cannot formally find fault with the hotel but their directors need to see how much more attention to detail is given in other more competitive chains. We will not rush back.

Room Tip: Ask reception what is available at the price. I believe they have different types. Make sure you ask for a room that is not cramped. Avoid room 12 but 10 is quite good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends