The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$132
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$180
US$138
US$169
US$155
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$234
US$100
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$173
US$88
  • Pool
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$79
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$169
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$87
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,631 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa treatmentsevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingshort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teaa lovely staystratfordweddingcharactertheatrebeams
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have had many back massages in the UK, Europe and long haul but the massage I had today by a lovely girl called Meagan was just amazing! The whole atmosphere at Alveston manor spa is perfect it has the right lighting and temperature and all the girls seem lovely. I will be recommending Meagan to my family and friends as she was so good and I personally will be going back every month for a back massage and hopefully it will be with Meagan each time.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Old part of building that you see from the road is very pretty and apt for Stratford upon Avon. However, behind the old "manor house" which houses the Reception area is the rest of the hotel - and it is very ordinary indeed.

ROOMS: are that old institutional shade of cream that looks grubby - and although I can't honestly say the rooms were grubby - they were not in any way special. Very average amenities, small ordinary out of date bathroom. The corridors go on forEVER - it feels like you are on a cruise ship - miles of low ceilinged badly lit corridors (make sure you have a bag with wheels on!).

POOL: is good for swimming lengths and has a steam room and sauna at one end. But have no thought that you can loll around the poolside and relax - it is not that kind of place - children are allowed in it until 19.00 - so is more like a public baths and not AT ALL like a resort/spa pool (which was a big disappointment to us). You go, you swim, you leave .....

BAR/RESTAURANT: The old part of the hotel houses the Bar (which is in a lovely room - but again the furnishings are very standard "chain hotel") and the restaurant. Ah now here is a dichotomy .... the restaurant decor is a tad "Berni Inn" circa 1980.... BUT... the food is EXCEPTIONAL. The service was good (though could have been better eg the waiter opened my husbands napkin before mine and my sister in laws; didn't really know about the menu in the detail it deserved and took a bit too long to refill water etc BUT these are small gripes and I only mention them because the restaurant could be really special if they paid attention to ALL the details. The following morning, not being a breakfast person (and having eaten so well the night before) I was just going to have tea - UNTIL - I saw the breakfasts! And again - I think it was possibly the BEST cooked breakfast I have ever had. The bacon - let me wax lyrical about the bacon - not watery; not salty; not too thin or too thick and it tasted like - well like bacon should taste (totally yum). My husband (Scottish - therefore and expert) told me that the Black Pudding was possibly the best he had ever had too - crumbly and soft. Not a spot of grease or briney water on the plate either and piping hot. Toast was assorted and interesting. I would go back for the breakfast tomorrow!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bethan K
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Good points// Excellent spa and treatment. Very hospitable staff who are very willing to help. Lovely location just a stone throw away from Stratford upon Avon.

Bad points// Could do with refurbishment around the corridors. The restaurant was a major let down as it boasts of being award winning. Not terrible food but nothing special either.

In conclusion// The spa made the weekend and the hour long massage is top notch. Staff very pleasant and a wonderful location. A bit more attention to detail and this could be a wonderful hotel.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We booked a 2 night 'luxury spa break' here through secret escapes. When we arrived, we were impressed with the Tudor fronting which matched the image promoted on the hotel website and secret escapes. However a sign on reception announced that the spa had closed 4 hours early (not good for a spa break) and when we went to find our room, we got to see the real hotel. Behind the Tudor front are a series of stale-smelling dark corridors with stained carpets and paint peeling from the walls and doors. Our room was not big enough to swing a cat, was very dark, the bedspread was dirty and the carpet was covered in dirt and glitter - it clearly hadn't been vacuumed for some time. We had to go back to reception to complain and were given an 'upgraded room'. It was still very dated and grubby but the bed was a bit bigger and the carpet was clean. However as soon as I went to sit on the bed, I could see the sheets were covered in dog hair - and I mean covered. Another trip down to reception, to be dragged around and shown two more rooms with filthy carpets and dirty beds. By this point, we had been traipsing round for 90 minutes - all following a 2.5 hour drive to get to our 'luxury break'. It was too late to be served dinner and the spa we had been promised was closed so we made the decision to leave the hotel and drive all the way home again. The hotel and secret escapes have both refused a refund, stating we got through room we paid for. I am disgusted - I have never left a hotel before, nor ever had to request a refund. I have seen cleaner travelodges and although we had been marketed more than just somewhere to put your head down, in the end I'd have been grateful even for that - but they could not even provide a clean bed.

5  Thank L0ul0u81
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked this hotel as a little treat for ourselves - we had to come to Stratford to visit a terminally ill friend.
When we arrived, nobody was on Reception, and we had to wait several minutes before a member of staff appeared. We were hit with the £5 parking charge, and the first room allocated to us we had to refuse - the window did not shut properly, it looked out onto a yard, and there was a high pitched humming from the fitness suite air-con. The second room was in the same 70s hall of residence style wing, at the end of a very long narrow corridor, but had a better view, and was fine, if bland. Bathroom was fine, bed was very comfortable. However, one had no feel of staying in a historic hotel, or of any sort of treat - a Premier Inn room would probably have been better.
Breakfast was fine, but served in a very dark room, away from the lovely sunny garden. This must be one of the few hotels these days not to have a breakfast buffet. Took a little time to order our cooked breakfast, but when it came, it was good.
We saw that the olde worlde public areas were being refurbished - we sensed that this was as a shop-window for tourists, while behind the scenes, most of the guest accommodation is a bit tired and dingy. This is now the second Stratford hotel I have had to review in this way, and, like before, we came away feeling we had not got value for money.
On the plus side, the hotel is very conveniently situated for the river, the theatre and the town.

1  Thank stephogrunt
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your comments, and apologies for any shortfall in our usual high standards of customer care. The majority of our rooms are in the modern wing, they are well presented and clean. The company has made considerable investment in the Alveston Manor over the last year with many improvements externally and recently the refurbishment of the public areas of the hotel, for the benefit of all of our guests; this will continue in the foreseeable future.
I am sorry if you were in any way disappointed, however, as you say the hotel is very well situated for visiting Stratford upon Avon, and perhaps we can welcome you back in the future to see the many improvements that have been carried out. Sam Aziz, General Manager