The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$181
US$132
US$169
US$155
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$180
US$138
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$234
US$99
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$173
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$80
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$169
US$145
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$87
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,631 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa treatmentsevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingshort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teaa lovely staystratfordweddingcharactertheatrebeams
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went right after Christmas to Stratford-upon-Avon for a relaxing weekend. We've got a deal for one night stay, one hour of massage and full english breakfast. The hotel is well located and room is clean and nice! The massage was okay, it was a bit too oily and soft for my taste. And the internal swimming pool had a cold temperature for me (I went during winter, December). The breakfast in the next day was of very good quality and they serve you the english breakfast as you like to your table. It is true the staff works in really high speed which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Overall, I had a good experience with my staying, it was a great value for the price and Stratford-upon-Avon is definitely a great city to visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

After the previous night at a guest house which I have just reviewed for our stay on 25/01/2014, we felt that we had lost out on a special night away to celebrate 2 birthdays and an anniversary. Feeling lack lustre and fed-up, we stopped by the Macdonalds Alveston Manor and was pleasantly surprised. The receptionist showed us a standard room, but we could have had this at any Premier Inn. Telling her about our disastrous night before, she suggested an upgrade combined with a meal and breakfast. It was not cheap, but we were shown a room in the older part of the building, it was very large, with a large bathroom, an arm chair, a settee, tea and coffee facilities and an enormous bed which was divine. Yes, the bathroom was slightly outdated, but it was spotless and so was the room. The receptionist who had shown us around several rooms was so patient with us and remained pleasant and professional the whole time.

We are glad we made the upgrade as it really made the time spent there lovely. We also ate in the restaurant and the staff were lovely. Carmine the waiter was fantastic and after looking at the menu, I not wanting wine, but no beer on the list, he duly sent off for pint from the bar. He made our night and even gave us a complementary glass of Champagne with our dinner after finding out it was our birthdays and 30 years together. My wife and I not normally liking the stuff had a sip to be polite, but Carmine had served us well and it was lovely. The food was faultless and though not our usual fare, us more down market than up market, really enjoyed the combinations set before us. We also had breakfast the next day and that too was great. You also get a proper continental breakfast too with cheeses and meats. I had the full English while my wife had the continental.

We really enjoyed our stay and will defiantly go again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 10. It is not easily accessible if you have to use a wheelchair. My wife has a disability but can manage a few steps so this was ok. It was a Sunday night so the hotel was quiet, but in the summer may be noisy as there is a patio outside on the floor below. But I feel the benefits out-way the negatives. Worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Hotel and the staff, I am delighted that we were able to welcome you and rescue the celebration of your birthdays and anniversary, and that the team looked after you so well. I hope that you will make a return visit sometime in the future. Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We visited the hotel to see friends as it is a good half way point between us in sw London and the north! Luckily we had rooms in the old part of the hotel which are small but very characterful with old beams etc. Walking to the carpark we walked through an endless corridor of rooms and I would avoid these at all costs. We booked a dinner bed and breakfast special and were allowed £29.95 (strange amount) to cover our meal; it would have been a challenge to eat a 3 course meal within budget so be prepared. The food was alright but not amazing and I would question what award they had won. Breakfast the next day was pretty frantic but of a fair quality and served speedily which was impressive given the number of guests. What I think is a complete rip off is to pay £5 to park a car, this may seem petty but it was annoying as it obviously a money making exercise and no one likes to feel 'rip offed'. So my tips, only have a room in the old part of the hotel, don't expect to eat well or under budget in the restaurant but Stratford is a lovely town to visit especially the new theatre.

Room Tip: stay in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SCAF63

Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback, all of which is important to us, I am pleased to note that you were happy with yor room in the old part of the hotel; the majority of our rooms are in the modern wing of the hotel and whilst they do not have the character, they are all well presented and clean. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the food at dinner, as you can see from other reviews we receive many superb comments about our food, and the restaurant was recently visited by the AA Inspector and maintained its one rosette award. The car park is operated by a third party in order to provide a safe and secure environment in which our guests can park and to prevent unauthorised use; we keep our guest charge to a minimum of £5 per stay and it is in line with other town centre hotels. The beginning of this year has seen refurbishment of our public areas, and I do hope that you will make a return visit to the Alveston Manor at sometime in the future.
Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have had many back massages in the UK, Europe and long haul but the massage I had today by a lovely girl called Meagan was just amazing! The whole atmosphere at Alveston manor spa is perfect it has the right lighting and temperature and all the girls seem lovely. I will be recommending Meagan to my family and friends as she was so good and I personally will be going back every month for a back massage and hopefully it will be with Meagan each time.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Old part of building that you see from the road is very pretty and apt for Stratford upon Avon. However, behind the old "manor house" which houses the Reception area is the rest of the hotel - and it is very ordinary indeed.

ROOMS: are that old institutional shade of cream that looks grubby - and although I can't honestly say the rooms were grubby - they were not in any way special. Very average amenities, small ordinary out of date bathroom. The corridors go on forEVER - it feels like you are on a cruise ship - miles of low ceilinged badly lit corridors (make sure you have a bag with wheels on!).

POOL: is good for swimming lengths and has a steam room and sauna at one end. But have no thought that you can loll around the poolside and relax - it is not that kind of place - children are allowed in it until 19.00 - so is more like a public baths and not AT ALL like a resort/spa pool (which was a big disappointment to us). You go, you swim, you leave .....

BAR/RESTAURANT: The old part of the hotel houses the Bar (which is in a lovely room - but again the furnishings are very standard "chain hotel") and the restaurant. Ah now here is a dichotomy .... the restaurant decor is a tad "Berni Inn" circa 1980.... BUT... the food is EXCEPTIONAL. The service was good (though could have been better eg the waiter opened my husbands napkin before mine and my sister in laws; didn't really know about the menu in the detail it deserved and took a bit too long to refill water etc BUT these are small gripes and I only mention them because the restaurant could be really special if they paid attention to ALL the details. The following morning, not being a breakfast person (and having eaten so well the night before) I was just going to have tea - UNTIL - I saw the breakfasts! And again - I think it was possibly the BEST cooked breakfast I have ever had. The bacon - let me wax lyrical about the bacon - not watery; not salty; not too thin or too thick and it tasted like - well like bacon should taste (totally yum). My husband (Scottish - therefore and expert) told me that the Black Pudding was possibly the best he had ever had too - crumbly and soft. Not a spot of grease or briney water on the plate either and piping hot. Toast was assorted and interesting. I would go back for the breakfast tomorrow!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends