The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$181
US$132
US$169
US$155
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$181
US$140
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$234
US$100
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$174
US$152
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$87
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$173
US$88
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,631 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa treatmentsevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingshort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teaa lovely staystratfordweddingcharactertheatrebeams
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here for one night for a function. Room was ready on arrival (2 hours early), receptionist was efficient and friendly. Room was ok; it was clean and had everything you'd expect but was a little dark and overfilled with furniture which made it awkward to get to the desk, mirror etc but it was fine for one night. We had a light afternoon tea, 3 course evening mean & buffet breakfast as part of the function, all of which were better than average and served by pleasant staff. The downsides were the poor service when we wanted a mid afternoon drink from the bar, the coffee at breakfast which was very late (we had long since finished eating by the time it arrived on the 3rd time of asking) and revolting and the lack of system for charging things to the room. Others in our party had random things charged by other people as there was no checking of signature card going on. Some rooms (lower numbers) had noise disturbance from the bar and laundry throughout the night. We were in the new wing and had no noise problem. The staff were generally very pleasant, the hotel is well situated and the food was decent standard so I would recommend the hotel but choose your room carefully and upgrade beyond the standard if possible.

Room Tip: some of our party encountered noise all night long from what they described as a laundry (low room number above bar area) We were in the new wing (no.20 upwards) which was quite, albeit a little soulless. Upgrade if possible, standard rooms are small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NottsGirlsontour
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A family get together, ages 7 to 67. Cannot praise the staff enough, from reception to the restaurant and spa. All very helpful. Made it a great weekend enjoyed by all. Despite alterations going on in the bar it did not interfere with our arrangements. Hotel is an ideal location for visiting the attractions of Stratford, especially the RSC.

Room Tip: Family room was ideal for 7 year old
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your feedback, I am pleased that you all enjoyed your family get together, and will ensure that your comments are passed to the staff. I do hope that you will make a return visit in the future and see the completed refurbishment of the public areas; we look forward to welcoming you back. Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I just wanted to thank the great receptionist and lady on housekeeping who were kind enough to post me back my top after I left it at the hotel this weekend! It was very kind of them to take the trouble to send it back to me and gestures like these are a reason we will certainly be returning- thank you!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went right after Christmas to Stratford-upon-Avon for a relaxing weekend. We've got a deal for one night stay, one hour of massage and full english breakfast. The hotel is well located and room is clean and nice! The massage was okay, it was a bit too oily and soft for my taste. And the internal swimming pool had a cold temperature for me (I went during winter, December). The breakfast in the next day was of very good quality and they serve you the english breakfast as you like to your table. It is true the staff works in really high speed which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Overall, I had a good experience with my staying, it was a great value for the price and Stratford-upon-Avon is definitely a great city to visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

After the previous night at a guest house which I have just reviewed for our stay on 25/01/2014, we felt that we had lost out on a special night away to celebrate 2 birthdays and an anniversary. Feeling lack lustre and fed-up, we stopped by the Macdonalds Alveston Manor and was pleasantly surprised. The receptionist showed us a standard room, but we could have had this at any Premier Inn. Telling her about our disastrous night before, she suggested an upgrade combined with a meal and breakfast. It was not cheap, but we were shown a room in the older part of the building, it was very large, with a large bathroom, an arm chair, a settee, tea and coffee facilities and an enormous bed which was divine. Yes, the bathroom was slightly outdated, but it was spotless and so was the room. The receptionist who had shown us around several rooms was so patient with us and remained pleasant and professional the whole time.

We are glad we made the upgrade as it really made the time spent there lovely. We also ate in the restaurant and the staff were lovely. Carmine the waiter was fantastic and after looking at the menu, I not wanting wine, but no beer on the list, he duly sent off for pint from the bar. He made our night and even gave us a complementary glass of Champagne with our dinner after finding out it was our birthdays and 30 years together. My wife and I not normally liking the stuff had a sip to be polite, but Carmine had served us well and it was lovely. The food was faultless and though not our usual fare, us more down market than up market, really enjoyed the combinations set before us. We also had breakfast the next day and that too was great. You also get a proper continental breakfast too with cheeses and meats. I had the full English while my wife had the continental.

We really enjoyed our stay and will defiantly go again.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 10. It is not easily accessible if you have to use a wheelchair. My wife has a disability but can manage a few steps so this was ok. It was a Sunday night so the hotel was quiet, but in the summer may be noisy as there is a patio outside on the floor below. But I feel the benefits out-way the negatives. Worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Hotel and the staff, I am delighted that we were able to welcome you and rescue the celebration of your birthdays and anniversary, and that the team looked after you so well. I hope that you will make a return visit sometime in the future. Sam Aziz, General Manager