Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$105
  • Restaurant
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$132
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$81
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$143
Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$174
  • Breakfast included
US$163
US$155
Billesley Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$158
  • Pool
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,631 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa treatmentsevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingshort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teaa lovely staystratfordweddingcharactertheatrebeams
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just had a lovely weekend with my husband. Hotel well placed on edge of town. Staff all very helpful and food great but disappointed in lack of jacuzzi by the pool and shortage of robes as we wanted to go for spa treatments from the pool. Please invest in robes and slippers. Would have made our stay perfect.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for your comments, I am delighted you found the staff helpful and food good. We made a conscious decision not to instal a jacuzzi for health and safety reasons, but you will be pleased to hear that we have purchased a good supply of robes and slipper, so there will be plenty available for future guests.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here for one night for a function. Room was ready on arrival (2 hours early), receptionist was efficient and friendly. Room was ok; it was clean and had everything you'd expect but was a little dark and overfilled with furniture which made it awkward to get to the desk, mirror etc but it was fine for one night. We had a light afternoon tea, 3 course evening mean & buffet breakfast as part of the function, all of which were better than average and served by pleasant staff. The downsides were the poor service when we wanted a mid afternoon drink from the bar, the coffee at breakfast which was very late (we had long since finished eating by the time it arrived on the 3rd time of asking) and revolting and the lack of system for charging things to the room. Others in our party had random things charged by other people as there was no checking of signature card going on. Some rooms (lower numbers) had noise disturbance from the bar and laundry throughout the night. We were in the new wing and had no noise problem. The staff were generally very pleasant, the hotel is well situated and the food was decent standard so I would recommend the hotel but choose your room carefully and upgrade beyond the standard if possible.

Room Tip: some of our party encountered noise all night long from what they described as a laundry (low room number above bar area) We were in the new wing (no.20 upwards) which was quite, albeit a little soulless. Upgrade if possible, standard rooms are small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NottsGirlsontour
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A family get together, ages 7 to 67. Cannot praise the staff enough, from reception to the restaurant and spa. All very helpful. Made it a great weekend enjoyed by all. Despite alterations going on in the bar it did not interfere with our arrangements. Hotel is an ideal location for visiting the attractions of Stratford, especially the RSC.

Room Tip: Family room was ideal for 7 year old
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your feedback, I am pleased that you all enjoyed your family get together, and will ensure that your comments are passed to the staff. I do hope that you will make a return visit in the future and see the completed refurbishment of the public areas; we look forward to welcoming you back. Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I just wanted to thank the great receptionist and lady on housekeeping who were kind enough to post me back my top after I left it at the hotel this weekend! It was very kind of them to take the trouble to send it back to me and gestures like these are a reason we will certainly be returning- thank you!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went right after Christmas to Stratford-upon-Avon for a relaxing weekend. We've got a deal for one night stay, one hour of massage and full english breakfast. The hotel is well located and room is clean and nice! The massage was okay, it was a bit too oily and soft for my taste. And the internal swimming pool had a cold temperature for me (I went during winter, December). The breakfast in the next day was of very good quality and they serve you the english breakfast as you like to your table. It is true the staff works in really high speed which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Overall, I had a good experience with my staying, it was a great value for the price and Stratford-upon-Avon is definitely a great city to visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple