Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Sequoia House(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Hampton Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
Thistle(Stratford-upon-Avon)
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Payton Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
2,567 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa breakevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingfour postershort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teastayed for one nighta lovely staystratfordweddingcharacter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel through Late Rooms and it appeared I was getting a good price. However, what the hotel description didn't state is that they have built a modern extension onto the older part of the building in the style of a travel lodge. I really feel like I've been ripped off! You also have to pay for parking at the hotel, which doesn't leave you with a great first impression as you arrive. On the plus side, it is only walking distance from the town centre.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ktbeth19
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear guest
Thank you for your feedback, the majority of our rooms are located in the modern wing, and I am sorry if your were disappointed. Our car park is operated by a third party in order to provide a secure area in which our guests can park and we do make a minimal charge of £5 per stay, however, as you rightly say the Alveston Manor is in an excellent location for exploring Stratford where car parking is at a premium.
Thank you again, Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Lovely hotel, convenient for walking into town centre, really excellent food, nice pool, with sauna statement room, gym etc, only missing a jacuzzi which is a shame. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Beautiful location and very impressive from outside unfortunately dull and dingy inside. Staff were pleasant and welcoming Bedroom on ground floor was clean and comfortable but also reflected the dull dingy image with poor lighting and heavy net curtains. Evening meal and service on first night of stay was excellent. Breakfast on second morning service was poor and staff appeared disorganized coffee and toast order did not materialise despite other tables arriving after us,being served promptly, had to re order then wait again, order for top up coffee failed to appear.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie J
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at the Hotel very recently with my elderly parents, the rooms were OK, nothing special and on a cold February weekend could have done with double glazing in the bedroom windows! The main problem was the restaurant it was freezing cold we mentioned it to the staff but all they could say was that the heating was on! The food was alright a choice of about 7 mains and over our 2 night stay was a bit boring, on the 2nd night we weren't even told about a daily special this we overheard mentioned to other guests after we had eaten! There didn't seem to be anyone in overall charge in the restaurant and therefore seemed very chaotic, especially at breakfast on the Sunday morning. Overall for the cost of the stay this was a bad experience and one i won't be repeating.

Room Tip: rooms near the spa are a long walk from the reception/restaurant and bar
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenW17

Thank you for posting your comments, my apologies that you were cold during your stay, and I am sorry if you and your parents were uncomfortable when dining in the restaurant. I take on board your comments about the restaurant service, and will discuss them with the Restaurant Manager; we do run a limited restaurant menu through January and February and again apologies if you felt the choice was poor.
I am sorry if we did not provide a good experience on this occasion and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Sam Aziz, General Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family & friends to celebrate a special birthday. The receptionist was very friendly & efficient and all our rooms were ready on arrival. The restaurant food was nicely presented and to a very high standard. The ambience was very relaxing and the staff were very attentive. I was even presented with a free glass of champagne on my birthday! The hotel itself was in a good location and within easy walking distance of the Stratford Town centre. All in all it was a lovely weekend to remember.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family