“Great location.”

Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is within easy walking distance of the theatre and most of the tourist attractions of the town.The large car park is a bonus. We were in room 35 (very close to room 31) but fellow guests were well behaved the night we stayed and it was very quiet. I usually have difficulty sleeping past 6am, but had to be woken at 9am having slept through the night. Breakfast was what you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Most of the staff were good but I guess that some were new for the season and still under training. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I am pleased to note that you had a good night's sleep, and enjoyed your stay with us. Training with new team members is ongoing and I hope that you will see the improvements on your next visit; we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Sam Aziz, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,476)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at Alveston Manor on 10th April after visiting the NEC. We had booked an executive room on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. Our room was lovely very comfortable and welcoming with nice extra touches like coffee machine and robes. We had a drink in the bar before dinner and the barman couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and after taking our dinner order walked us through to the restaurant and made sure we were happy. The food was gorgeous and the staff were very attentive and friendly.
Breakfast was also lovely with a great selection of breads, pastries, fresh fruit and cereals as well as all the cooked options you would expect.
Overall the hotel was very well presented with beautiful architecture and wood panelling. We had a fantastic stay and the excellent staff really made our time at the hotel special.

Room Tip: Would recommendan executive room for the extras.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such positive comments. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with and that the young man in the bar gave such excellent customer service, I will ensure that your feedback is passed to him. Thank you also for your kind comments about the food, both at dinner and breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Alveston Manor in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

“Noisy and small rooms”
Reviewed yesterday NEW
We stayed in room 31 which was on the main corridor and very noisy, we could hear people walking up and down and chatting all evening, which woke us up at least 4 times through the evening, including at 2.30am! We complained and were moved to another room away from the people flight path to the spa, however, the air conditioning in the new room was faulty and was extremely loud, so we had to switch it off to try and get some sleep. Finally, after two nights of disturbed sleep we were woken up with a fire alarm test, which is set for 9am every Monday morning. Very disappointing stay, when we gave the feedback to the staff on reception when leaving, they just smiled and said sorry......., while taking our payment!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main corridor, this is main main corridor through to the spar.

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your comments, my apologies that you had such a disturbed night, we do rely on our guests to be considerate of others when returning to their room and I am very sorry that you were awoken in the early hours. It is a challenge to find a suitable time for all to test the fire alarms, Sunday night/Monday morning is historically the quietest night of the week, with any business meetings etc. not commencing until 9am or after.
Again apologies if this detracted from your stay at the Alveston Manor.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My other half and I have a soft spot for Stratford & this hotel in particular. Although at the higher end of price range it's very nice indeed. We had a nice room with a 4 poster bed, coffee machine & a nice bath in the bathroom. Breakfast was ok too. Nice to have the use of the gym & pool facilities. I've no doubt we'll be back soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night pror to a conference. I was staying in a single bedroom (costing £100) which felt quite cramped. However, the room was very clean and the room service was delicious. The gym in the hotel was great. I enjoyed my stay but do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacey S
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a business conference. The conference itself was well supported and the hotel staff were helpful and supplied everything we needed. In terms of the hotel, I felt the rooms and corridors were a little in need of a refurb though hadn't got as far as being "tatty" yet. That said, everything in the room seemed to work OK, and I actually got 2 very good nights sleep which is unusual for me as I generally sleep badly in hotels. The shower was hot and at a good pressure, the wifi worked (although it used The Cloud which requires every tiny personal detail about you to login - no doubt I will receive loads of spam emails soon), and the bed was large and comfortable. The food supplied for lunch during the conference and in the restaurant on the one evening we ate there was excellent. The location is perfect for walking into Stratford which itself is a lovely town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mat-Ingram
verona54, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided good service and food for your conference. We have recently invested a considerable amount into refurbishing the public areas and conference rooms, and we hope that this investment will continue in the forseeable future; in the meantime the team do their best to ensure that bedrooms are clean and well presented.
Thank you for taking the time to let us have such positive feedback, we are very appreciative and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I recently visited the spa with my mother as a gift for mothers day. The idea was that we would have a relaxing day. Upon arrival at the hotel we payed £5 to park in the hotel carpark. We then proceded to the leisure centre/spa reception to check in. The man working on the reception told us that we would get the £5 carparking charge refunded from the main hotel reception desk on our way out.

My mother and I had a couple of treatments in the spa and had a lovely day relaxing. We also really enjoyed a healthy lunch in the hotel restaurant. It was a very relaxing day and at 5pm we got ready to leave refreshed and relaxed. Before leaving we went to the main hotel reception to claim our £5 carpark refund that we were told we would get back. Sadly the staff on the desk were most unhelpful and told us that it is not possible to get the refund. We were very upset about this after being told that we would get it back, so we asked to speak to the manager. The manager on duty was very unhelpful and said that he cannot refund us the £5. We then went back round to the leisure centre reception and told them that we would like the refund that we were promised. Again they said that they couldn't give it to us. By this time we were getting a little fed up and it seemed completely ridiculous that a hotel like this was arguing over £5! It was very silly that after being told we would get our refund the staff were now saying that we couldn't have it. The staff stood for ages arguing with us and the manager on duty was absolutely useless and the customer service was shocking. It took half an hour for the hotel to give us back the £5 refund for the carpark. Very disappointing and the customer service really needs sorting out. It is very bad that one member of staff says one thing and then another member says something completely different! Management don't seem to hold much authority either!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Saliboti

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Firstly, I am pleased to note your positive comments about your Spa day and that you and your mother enjoyed your treatments in the spa and spent a relaxing day.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any distress caused by the issue with your parking charge; unfortunately, if £5 is paid into the parking meter we are unable to offer a refund, all Spa Day guests are able to park free of charge when registering at the Leisure Club reception, I am very sorry that this was not explained to you at the time of booking. I would also apologise for the confused communications you received, the process has now been entirely clarified to all staff concerned. I do note that we did eventually refund the £5 to you and again I am sorry that this was not offered immediately due to the incorrect information you were given.
Again my apologies that your enjoyable day was marred by this issue.