Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
The White Swan Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$166
US$126
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$120
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$167
  • Pool
US$152
US$132
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,571 results
All reviewscoach houselovely hoteltown centrespa breakevening mealleisure facilitiesold buildingfour postershort breakwithin easy walking distancefew minutes walkafternoon teastayed for one nighta lovely staystratfordweddingcharacter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2009

A friend and I were recommended this hotel and we booked a special deal for one of the 'spa weekend breaks'. We decided to upgrade to one of the best feature rooms in the old coach house and were so pleased we did. We were provided with a tour of some of the other feature rooms, althought all individually shaped and styled, we felt we definitely had the best, although some may beg to differ! We were in room 71 which was in a very tranquil part of the hotel and we heard absolutely no noise. We each received 2 spa treatments which really were the best together with Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. The staff were all so friendly and helpful and the beds were really comfortable. I would have no problem returning to this delightful hotel again - this time though, we will bring our husbands with as there are some lovely local golf courses around!! Thank you Alveston Manor!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2009

I treated my family to an easter break at Alveston Manor mainly because of its central location and the fact that it had a spa. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and the concierge was ever so helpful. After reading previous reviews regarding the awful rooms down the long corridor we were praying that we wouldnt get one and we did! They are terrible and let down the whole hotel! That block should be demolished. The funny thing is that the hotel kept insisting that I would not be refunded any money if I chose not to stay. Even before I arrived they had sent me an email and letter to say this. As if they knew those rooms are terrible and guests normally checkout as soon as they see them. If I wasnt too bothered about loosing £1000+ I would have left!! The Spa was very nice and a proper one at that. We all had treatments and they were very professional. The gym and swimming pool were also of a high standard and quite modern. The food was very good, perhaps served a little too quick at times. Restaurant staff were very efficient and more than helpful with our children. The lounge and bar areas are very cozy with log fires etc. The main building of the hotel and grounds are lovely but let down badly by that dreadful 70's built, council flat looking extension at the back.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2009

I had read a lot of reviews of other hotels and chose Alveston Manor for our one night theatre stay. Service was really friendly and attentive. Rooms were good location could not get much better for the theatre. Highly recommended. I would encourage hotel to give free wi-fi (rather than charge for it).

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HotelEnd
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We booked this hotel cautiously, having read the negative rooms about the travel lodge part of the hotel. Upon arrival until departure, the staff couldn't do enough for us, from making up the sofabed when we requested it, to assisting with directions. The Concierge, reception staff and waiting staff at breakfast were attentive and helfpul.

At the time of booking we were offered a free upgrade to an executive room which was very welcome having seen these reviews. We weren't disappointed with the room in the coach house, it was very spacious, clean and well maintained. The bed was huge, in fact maybe a little too big! With a sofabed included, it was ideal for our child to sleep on, so this type of room is perfect for those with a family. The noise from a party in the Cedar suite was a little annoying, but to be fair it did stop at midnight.

The rest of the hotel is dated, but then it's not Malmaison, nor does it profess to be. However, we didn't find it shabby or dirty anywhere. The pool was lovely, although the water was a little cold. The breakfast was absolutely fabulous, just about everything you could ask for on offer, with a huge buffet selection. At £17.50 for breakfast we were glad we hadn't booked room only. The location is also fab, centrally placed 5 mins walk into Stratford, but not so close as to be noisy.

Would definitely recommend, and if we returned to Stratford would ask for this room again, definitely worth the upgrade.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for the weekend as a "grown up getaway". It was gorgeous, the staff were lovely and the surrounding area was really nice. We stayed in an executive double which was in the coach house, lovely period features. A word to the wise; you should definately stay in an executive room. The bog standard rooms are, as others have described, like a travellodge. They are off the long corridoor which leads to the pool so constantly have people traipsing up and down them. The food was amazing, I have never eaten so well in my life! We paid for the DBB package which includes the price of dinner (selections from the menu are restricted, but not so much that you feel you are actually missing out). Paying for it this way actually made it really good value, we paid £380 for 2 nights in a great room with all meals included (trust me, if you eat the breakfast you will not need lunch!)
P.s. Drinks are a rip-off, buy a couple of bottles of wine before you go and stash them in the mini bar fridge.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple