“First class and friendly service”

Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Buckinghamshire
“First class and friendly service”
Reviewed 18 June 2010

First class and friendly service in reception and restaurant. Very good quality food. Only slight niggle in this respect was that we felt a little rushed at breakfast - hot breakfast brought out before we had finished cereal.
Hotel rather expensive and would have liked free wifi connection at this price.

• Stayed June 2010
GMAlveston, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Adviser. We aspire to delivering excellent customer service to our guests and it is good to receive such positive feedback

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Sheffield South Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I booked this weekend for my granddaughters birthday! The location of the hotel is ideal, just across the road from the river. Parking is very good and plenty of it. Check in was rushed if I had'nt had my family with me I would have struggled! Nothing was explained, we did not know how to order our evening meal, no one approached us to ask if we were dinning, I had to go to the dinning room to find out. There was a wedding so the bar area was very busy, I'm disabled and found it hard to find a seat and get round standing people!! I booked half board to include dinner,my daughter and her children are not into fine dinning so they asked if they could order from the lounge menu, I had the Al a carte menu which I found very disappointing, not really fine dinning (I stayed at Leeming House Ullswater last week for two night and found that Excellent) This meal was far from excellent. At the end of the meal the waitress asked me to sign, I asked why I have to sign for all food served! she said it is always done that way! When checking out all the lounge menu meal had been added to the total of my bill, so checking out was not a good experience either!!! Room was nice for a classic room and clean with Air Con. and fridge.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Norfolk
Reviewed 12 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Alveston Manor for two nights recently and had such a relaxing stay in Stratford overall. The staff at the hotel were so kind, friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel was excellent. See you again soon!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your kind comments left on Trip Advisor; I will ensure that all of my team are made aware of the great customer service that has been provided
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We got married at the Alveston Manor in April 2010. After looking round several venues locally we chose the Alveston because of how friendly and helpful the staff at the hotel were. From initial contact with Laura, the events co-ordinator to the day itself nothing was too much trouble and thanks to them we had a stress-free time organising our day.

The day itself ran so smoothly with Andrew the Head Concierge making sure we both saw the Registrar at the right time and didn't bump into each other and Jon, our excellent master of ceremonies who saw to everything on the day and made sure everything and everyone was in the right place at the right time.

The food and wine were amazing and we couldn't fault anything. We were also helped by the perfect wedding weather which meant we could make the most of the gardens, which are an excellent backdrop for photos.

We had a wonderful weekend and our guests told us what a lovely experience they'd had at the Alveston. A number of our guests stayed one or two nights and made the most of the facilities including the pool.

We're looking forward to coming back next year for our first anniversary. Can't wait!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
bristol
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Stayed at this hotel for valentines day. An absolutely fantastic location and hotel evening meal was of exceptionally high standards! The rooms were slightly dated however the main hotel was very sophisticated and Tudor. The breakfast was amazing and the staff were extremely polite.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
south east England
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Very much enjoyed our break to this part of England. Hotel is extremely good, staff attentive, proximity to the town and theatre is ideal. Much to see i.e. gardens, stately homes and beautiful countryside abound in this area. Pre-theatre dining is most convenient for attending RSC. (which will be much better when building work for the improved theatre complex is completed). Recommend and will certainly return.
Mr. & Mrs. West, Essex

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I booked a spa package weekend for my sister's hen do at Alveston Manor Hotel on 22/23 May 2010 for 15 ladies and we had an amazing time. The spa was fabulous as were the neck, back & shoulder massage & express facial treatments included in our package- thank you to Stephanie & her team! The hotel itself offers fabulous food and service at a great price & our upgraded twin room was a wonderful touch! On Saturday night we hit the town to continue the hen celebrations, the hotel is a mere staggering distance away from Cox's Yard & Stratford Nightlife (and shops!!) so perfectly located without the need for taxis!!!! The attention to detail from Alveston was impeccable & special thanks goes to Danielle Robinson for helping organise a bespoke spa/hen weekend to suit my party's needs. Alveston Manor & Danielle come very highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2010