Took my girlfriend on a midweek trip to Statford-upon-Avon and after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor decided to stay at The Grosvenor.
The hotel is less than a 10 minute walk to the restaurants and shops, so nice and quiet without being too remote. We upgraded to an executive double room for only £15 extra and were both pleasantly supprised at the size, standard and quality of the rooms and furnishings. I have stayed in many higher graded hotels but this really must be the pinnacle of 3* hotels.
The bed was very comfortable, and the towels were soft! (how often have you been to hotels with over-starched towels)
Reception is always manned, staff are courteous and knowledgable of what the town has to offer. The bar is nice and we had a nightcap before retiring for the evening.
I'd like to recommend having dinner at The Vintner, fantastic food, great service and only a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
Will definately use this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightfully elegant, Grade II listed, 3 Star Georgian Hotel with 73 bedrooms, centrally located in Stratford upon Avon, just 3 minutes walk from the RSC Theatre and all main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Grosvenor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford-Upon-Avon Best Western