The hotel is in a great location for Stratford's sights. However, I couldn't recommend the hotel itself. Parking is limited and costs. If you can't get a space you have to park in a public car park. Not a problem unless you have lots of luggage or the weather is poor. Staff are friendly and welcoming but the room was very poor. A very small room and very hot too. The carpet was old and grimy, the fittings in the room were tatty. The bathroom was very poor. Cramped and smelly, the extractor was noisy and the door was cut two inches short so the ever-present damp smell reaches the main room. The tiles were grimy and one was cracked, the grout was mouldy in places, the shower head was so scaled the water dribbled out and the toilet cistern was wedged away from the wall by a plank of rough wood. Because the bathroom was so narrow, you almost step into the toilet when getting out of the shower! Breakfast was nice and the free wifi is useful. The hotel needs a complete overhaul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightfully elegant, Grade II listed, 3 Star Georgian Hotel with 73 bedrooms, centrally located in Stratford upon Avon, just 3 minutes walk from the RSC Theatre and all main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Grosvenor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford-Upon-Avon Best Western