“Ladies' weekend.”

Best Western Grosvenor Hotel
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Ladies' weekend.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The room was pleasant and comfortable.The food was very good and the staff extremely friendly and helpful.My only complaint was that on Saturday I took my car from its parking spot and when I returned there was no space available.It cost me 10pounds to park on the municipal park and on Sunday I had to retrieve it in pouring rain!I appreciate the parking is limited but discovered at least three people on Saturday afternoon who had parked in the car park, gone shopping and come in for afternoon tea! Could residents have priority over casual visitors? A barrier and key card on the car park entrance might help.

Room Tip: Not many rooms suitable for mobility problems.Rather narrow stairways.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
BWGrosvenor, General Manager at Best Western Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we really appreciate your kind comments.
We are looking into our car parking situation.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Booked in for afternoon tea as a treat for my wife's birthday, read reviews before we booked, tea was fine although more sandwiches and less cake would improve it, service was very poor for a hotel of this size, we were directed to the bar to book in, barman did not have a clue, we were handed a menu and he then left the bar area for 45 minuets. we had to find another member of staff to seat us and take our order, our tea order was delivered to our table quickly, however it was another 45 minuets before i was asked if i wanted more tea, and to make matters worse we ordered the deluxe tea and did not get the final course.
i suggest a review of the staff training program.

Pete and Lyn

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am extremely sorry that you experienced poor service during you visit, I will be looking into this. Perhaps you would like to contact me at the hotel.

Kind Regards
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

1st time we have used the best western in Stratford we would normally stay at the holiday inn but got a good deal including evening meal and afternoon tea so stomach over ruled head on this occasion.
Not a great start arrived 30 mind early and no attempt was made to see if our room was ready she did say we cld leave our luggage if we wanted to where as we always arrive early at the holiday inn and have never been turned away yet. we did get our keys 2 mins to 2 but unfortunately it was not worth the wait, very tired, cracked mirror, broken blind, bathroom in desperate need of a bit of tlc but all spotlessly clean so we decided to overlook that but the bed oh my word so uncomfortable unbelievably hard neither my partner or myself are lightweights but we made no impression on this mattress definitely no roll together.... We did mention this to reception next morning only to be told that a firm mattress is good for a bad back and she was right but the second night we both had bad backs...
After reading this you would probably think we wouldn't stay again but you would be wrong and the reason being or should I say reasons Martin the head chef and justyna the restaurant manager. Martin should be manager (I'm sure they have one but we never saw them) he is passionate not just about the food but also the hotel. We had an evening meal on our first night and the food was amazing, fresh, local where possible quality ingredients expertly cooked breakfast both mornings fresh and cooked to order and just to top it off we had afternoon tea just when you think you can't eat anything else. Justyna seemed to be working consistently always with a smile and immaculately turned out. She is a real asset to the hotel attentive polite and professional at all times both her and Martin made a real effort to pass the time of day with us and make our stay more pleasant.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get room 261
1 Thank trudy b
Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay with us. I will most certainly take on board your comments with regards to R261.
We take great pride in providing our guests with relaxing experience, and I will use your feedback to improve and develop our service further. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all the staff.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Grosvenor in Stratford upon Avon is friendly place. Efficient, yet not official, clean and unpretentious. One thing in particular made the difference for me. The Chef. The atmosphere in the restaurant was peaceful and unrushed yet everything flowed as smoothly as well oiled clockwork. I have awkward dietary requirements, as I cannot eat wheat, but love a hearty breakfast. The previous evening I had checked with the chef about the possibility of a mackerel, egg, spinach and tomato breakfast - knowing that in several other hotels I had been to, this was a bridge too far. Not here. Not only was I given fresh mackerel, but it was prepared and presented beautifully. I did not feel like an annoying inconvenience, but a welcome guest. The atmosphere in the breakfast room was lovely. All the waitresses were diligent, well presented, kind and well mannered. I know from experience that a good atmosphere in a restaurant starts in the kitchen, spreads to the food, the staff and through the whole establishment. It was clear to me from my breakfast dish that the chef had bought a great attitude into his kitchen, which set the tone for a delightful start to my day. My thanks to the chef!
On a technical note, it would be nice to be able to have a continental cafe latte as part of the breakfast package. The filter is lovely, but lattes and cappuccinos are always welcome.
One word on the room. It was pretty, comfortable, quiet and clean. The shower was not a power shower, but apart from that, lovely.

Room Tip: We were given a back room, looking onto the courtyard. Lovely and peaceful :-)
1 Thank Jessica O
BWGrosvenor, General Manager at Best Western Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and it was a pleasure to meet you.
Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed just one night and all was generally well. My wife had the buffet breakfast and spoke highly of it but I was rather put off by having to pay extra for a latte. The manager described it as a 'special coffee' - perhaps in 1979 it was but it is pretty commonplace in 2014.
A shame as really good customer service would have offered to include this - hence just 3 stars.

Room Tip: Rooms ok - especially just for one night. Just the gripe about the breakfast!
1 Thank Marcus1564
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we will of course look at your comments, but I am extremely happy to see that your wife really enjoyed her breakfast experience as she too has posted a most positive review following yours.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very nicely located, easy access to the town center. Upgraded room was a good size and pleasant enough without being luxurious. I thought the dinner menu choice was good and the food quality excellent, breakfast was just as good. Staff were all very professional and hard working. The only minor gripe might be the parking (there isn’t enough room when the hotel gets busy) but that’s about the only thing I could fault.

1 Thank StevePu
BWGrosvenor, General Manager at Best Western Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for choosing the Grosvenor and taking the time to review your stay. I am delighted to see that you stay with us was enjoyable and that you where very happy with the service you received. I value your feedback and will use it to improve and develop the service further. Thank you again for staying with us and for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Didnt stay so can't comment on rooms. Went for Afternoon Tea & really enjoyed though an offer for extra sandwiches would've been nice as they were teeny. All food was lovely & staff were great. Parking not adequate for such a large hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulaD44
Thankyou for posting your review, we really appreciate your comments.
Hope to see you again soon