First a bit of a warning. Do not book breakfast and or dinner by email or phonebefore you go, .If you must eat at this hotel then book the breakfast/ dinner on the day otherwise regardless of only feeling you can manage a slice of toast and a cup of coffee you WILL be charges over £12 if you book on line prior to going and you will NOT recieve a discount.I repeat do not pre book dinner before you go by email or phone if you don't really want an evening dinner you will still be charge and beware of hidden charges, if you pre book before you arrive at the hotel there is a cost limit and going over appart from drinks of course you will be charged and it is not cheap .
Do not pay the extra £15 to upgrade to executive room, it looks a good bargain but the room although clean is tiny and although the bathroom was clean it too was tiny.
As for the friut, one red apple and one green apple and a chocolate bar, yes there was a settee but £15 per stay per person for two apples , bar of chocolate and a news paper is not exactly value for money.Total for two nights £258.for one person.
There are numerous place to eat in the town and the best part is the shop etc are only 3 mins walk away.and you can get a good breakfast/dinner but half the price of the hotel
For those less travelled and believe the rooms are just right then you haven't stopped at many hotels, yes clean and warm but value for money NO.
You may not think that a premier inn would be the best hotel to stay but I am pleased to see one is about to open a couple of minutes from the best western and those two minutes nearer to the shops, these hotels are basic rooms but all you will need, just take your own soap, most who are regular travellers usualy take their own toiletries any way.I have stayed in motels, B/B three, four and five star hotels in Europe and America , I have eaten in transport cafes and micheline starred restuarants, so I do think I know what i am talking about.
As a three star hotel the best western is fine, but be ware of these hidden extras and being charged for pre booked dinner and full breakfast price for toast and coffee.Eat out.
Reception although the desk is quite small and usualy only one on the desk is fine but two guests were complianing about something and the receptionist seemed to care less and as I was sitting in the lobby awaiting a taxi(which was late and cost more than a
black london cab) the receptionist kept on moaning about the guests concerns and brought in two other people with her conversation well in ear shot of myself and anyone else who was around at the time.
If you don't take notice of what I say then as they say its down to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightfully elegant, Grade II listed, 3 Star Georgian Hotel with 73 bedrooms, centrally located in Stratford upon Avon, just 3 minutes walk from the RSC Theatre and all main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Grosvenor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford-Upon-Avon Best Western