We booked this hotel as a bed for the night as we were attending a function nearby. We didn't have high expectations so were really surprised when we realised it was in a fantastic location right on the river. It was a beautiful sunny day so we sat at one of the many tables on the terrace by the river and enjoyed the view. Unfortunately the service at the bar was very slow and quite haphazard and even though they were busy because of the weather it had been forecast so they could have planned. My husband checked in and said that was equally slow (it took him 40 minutes) but in fairness check out was very speedy and efficient. Rooms were a good size and although our view was of the roof and air conditioning unit the room had everything we needed for our stay. Whilst car parking is £5 the car park is huge which is a real advantage in Stratford. All in all for what we wanted this was a very good hotel and very convenient for walking into the town for shops, bars and theatres. If I was back in Stratford on a sunny day I'd go to the hotel terrace for a drink as its nicer than most of the venues in town and less crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn