This hotel seems to cater to large bus groups rather than individual travelers. It is walking distance from the village of Stratford-Upon-Avon, but in no way reflects the charm of the town. This could be a Holiday Inn in any small town in America.
The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The view from my room (165) overlooked a lawn in front of the hotel. I did notice a nice patio that overlooked the River Avon on the side of the hotel adjacent the bar, but no one appeared to use it. At approximately 2:30 am I was awakened by some drunken young men who may have been exiting the lobby bar of the hotel. They spent quite a long time talking outside the lobby and the windows of my room could not block their voices.
When I got ready to take a shower at 5:30 am, I realized that I had received absolutely no towels in my bathroom. I had to call to the desk and request towels. They were delivered in about ten minutes, albeit with no apology.
Should I visit Stratford-Upon-Avon again, I would try to find a hotel or inn that better reflected the charm of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn