Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Restaurant
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Thistle(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Payton Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Courtland Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Breakfast included
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
Sequoia House(Stratford-upon-Avon)
2,522 results
All reviewsholiday innthe rivertown centrepublic areaslarge hotelexcellent locationcar parkexecutive roomplenty of parkingreception areabuffet stylelovely hotelfamily roomrsc theatreleisure centrecentral locationweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Booked for it's central location and the price of the 2 night B&B deal, we weren't expecting too much. However although the outside is very plain, the inside was a pleasant surprise, bright open modern reception area, friendly staff good size clean rooms with comfortable beds. Breakfast was really good standard. Location is excellent for the river, theatres and town centre.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear SteveAndKaySurrey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including your meals and our location.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We have been a few times and with Holiday Inn you know what to expect. good Service Good Beds and rooms spot on. Our evening meal was perfect and we was well looked after by curtious staff attentive with out being over bearing.

well satified customer. Well done holiday inn , I also read reports on TV they are expanding through out the world as they know for a chain hotel how to get it right.

Room Tip: Ask more to be more near by the lift as we found it a long walk to our room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear manchester12girl,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We always strive to deliver the best possible standards of service to our guests and by your review, I am proud that we achieved that.

I have passed your kind words about our staff onto them and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We went to Stratford Upon Avon for the World Shakespeare Festival. When viewing the pictures of the different hotels I noticed the 60's no nonsense design and somehow thought to give that hotel a try as older hotels normally have better locations and have a more generous lay out. We were not disappointed. The location on the river with a splendid garden meant that we had a great few hours after exploring the town and going to the theater.
The rooms are basic but decent. Breakfast a joy. Most of all the friendly staff got our accolades.
For less than GBP 100 you get a lot.
There is also a well equipped gym & a small pool.

Room Tip: Try a room that has a high floor number as the corridors are l o n g
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear jvw1965,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us for the World Shakespeare Festival. We are surrounded by some utterly stunning scenes and I am very pleased you managed to spend time enjoying them.

I have sent you kind words about our staff and the breakfast onto everyone at the hotel, and I am very pleased that you found us to be good value for money.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed 3rd till 8th August 2012, paid extra for executive room. Upon arival, a little early, reception staff were abrupt , were told Come back later, not invited to wait in lounge or on patio. Outside patio great location, When we went to room, no bathrobes, bottled water , or toiletries as per website booking, this corrected upon complaint & on subsequent days , Faulty light in bathroom, strobing , cold water tap to washbasin did not dispence cold water properly, only trickled, fungus behind bath taps. Bed as big as yorkshire but linnen tired & old looking , room needs redecorating, wallpaper torn in places. All in all not the 4 star upgrade we expected. Breakfast at £10 each dissapointig, eggs like bullets, cold coffee, toaster only toasted one side, wifeonly had continental but were charged full £10, not good value.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere if you want 4 star with upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear MattG33,

I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with your quality of stay with us. I can only apologise for the way our reception staff acted and I am looking into this particular incident as we usually receive rave reviews about our staff.

If you could email me on rm.histratford@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay, I will send someone from maintenance to look at the water pressure and light in your bathroom.

Also if you wish to discuss any issues you had further please don’t hesitate in emailing me on the address above.

Simon Dearden
Resident Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Great town location by the river Avon. This is a modern hotel with good facilities and clean rooms. The buffet breakfast is excellent, but we had the evening meal on the first night and were disappointed not to receive waiter(ess) service and a choice from a menu instead of from a buffet counter. However the gammon joint, roast potatoes and particularly the gravy were exceptional (we complimented the chef) The wi-fi service cost £7 per day so didn't bother and went to local pub where it was free!! The parking was £5 per day but the central location in Stratford balanced that out. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Corb77,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed you stay with us and the location of the hotel. We strive to achieve the highest possible standards for our guests and I am pleased that your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms and food reflect this.

In regards to our WiFi prices, we do offer complimentary 30 minuet WiFi access in our lounge area and would be more than happy to furnish you with the appropriate vouchers should you visit the hotel again in the future

I hope to see you in the hotel again soon.