The hotel is very well situated, near the Town shops and on the river. It is large. We checked in and found the room was old and worn with old style Holiday Inn furniture. It was clean but the corridors outside were not clean, had scratched paint, dust behind the doors, old carpets etc. I complained and was offered an "Executive" room at a cost of 25 pounds extra per day. Since I did not want to stay in the first room, I accepted. The second room was better, but still crummy and nowhere near as good as the standard Holiday Inns in the US. The corridor outside the new room was also not clean. I told the manager of my experiences, and told him that the hotel had a maintenance problem. The breakfast was OK but the atmosphere was busy and frantic with coach groups rushing to help themselves and get through breakfast. There was no porter on duty to help with heavy bags, either on arrival or departure, and the receptionist did it herself. One would expect that if they cannot afford a porter they would at least assign someone to be available when assistance is needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn