“Does the job”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Edinburgh
“Does the job”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Recently visited the HI Stratford for a work conference. The new refurbished downstairs is really nice with a lovely area to sit outside on the decking and enjoy drinks. All the rooms my colleagues were in were still very dated, not a lot has changed here. Breakfast was good, although they ran out (and didn't replenish) 15 minutes before close which was frustrating.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Ben P,

Thank you for your comments on your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I am sorry we stop replenishing 15 minutes prior to the closure of breakfast but this is to minimalise the risk of waste. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Miguel Abellan van Kan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

it was my birthday treat got the room really cheap stratford is local to us and it was just a great

break the weather was great and the market was on so bonus as well it was a great night and

we had a great meal on the night at lambs

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Joe341,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be to your liking for your birthday celebrations. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Never before written a review where average is more appropriate . There's nothing essentially wrong with this hotel but it does absolutely nothing to impress . Every facet is just good enough and no more . Fine if you need somewhere to sleep in the middle of Stratford .

Stayed October 2013
Dear Clemandru,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you found our hotel did just what you needed for a night in Stratford but I am sorry you left feeling as though we are just average. We strive to deliver high standards in hospitality to our guests and I hope, should you return, this becomes more apparent. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

California
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Traveling thru Southern England and luckily spent only one night. Room was very disappointing after walking thru a very nice lobby. The only redeeming feature was having drinks out doors near the river. Small outdated room that wasn't very clean, had stains on the carpet. Not many choices from the dinner buffet and the meat was so tough we couldn't 'chew it. Breakfast buffet was only ok. I must mention the staff was very helpful, it was very cold, we couldn't get the heater on, after calling front desk a maintenance person appeared in 5 minutes to set it for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Chevynova,

Thank you for your thoughts on your stay.

I am sorry to read that you found your room to not be up to scratch – I will be sure to see whether there is something our housekeeping team can do in order to make sure our others guests won’t leave feeling the same way. I am pleased that our team members fixed the heating in your room very efficiently.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn prior to and after a wedding and found it to be very in an excellent location- very close to the town centre and generally very good. The outdoor deck area was lovely overlooking a (man made) spur off the river. One recommendation book your breakfasts when you arrive, at £10 they are excellent and cheaper than if you just turn up each morning. Be careful though, when you check in they tried to 'pre-charge ' us for any items we bought whilst at the Hotel. This wasn't made too obvious and, as we didn't plan to buy drinks etc (very expensive) we refused to pay. A couple of negative issues- Reception seems over busy each morning with too few staff available and they seem to have fire alarm problems. It went off at 7am one morning and the couple across the corridor from us said that this wasn't an uncommon occurrence.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BobBonHere,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you had an excellent time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

A friend and I visoted Stratford for a girly weeknd and was not dissapointment with this hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly, rooms clean amd fully equiped and general state of hotel to a good standard. The layout of restaurant bar and facilities very practical for disabled guests too. Would I recommend, yes. As also perfect location for tourist info amd town itself. I will be returning again at some point.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KC_8791,

Thank you for sending feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us anf found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have just returned from a weekend at this hotel. I have not been here before and was very impressed with the location, the property and the service. I thought they coped surprisingly well with such a large group. My only comment is that breakfast was a chaotic affair. It would have been much better if the delagates breakfast had been set up in the ballroom. All other aspects worked very well and I would stay here if I came to Stratford upon Avon again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Diane F,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I am sorry to read that you found breakfast to be chaotic but it is one of the busiest times of the day for us. We are working hard to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.