“Good all round choice”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Stamford
“Good all round choice”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here for a conference and was very impressed with the new style Holiday Inn decor and design. The look and feel of the place was contemporary without being too achingly funky, and all the facilities were of a high standard. The riverside location is a great bonus. I might even go back and pay with my own money next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MAvK, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear MauriceMiner,

Thank you for your glowing comments regarding the hotel and your stay here, I am delighted that following a conference here you are planning to revisit us for a leisure trip! Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here earlier this week for our companies corporate conference and overall, it was OK!

Bedroom was comfy enough, clean bathroom although the shower had very low water pressure which is a personal hate of mine.

Also, as a travellers tip, if you get a low numbered room (2001, 3001 etc..) then prepare for a long walk from reception. They should have travelators installed here, it really did take a good few minutes to get to my room! Much better to have something in the high numbers as nearer to reception/bar etc.

Another gripe of mine is that there are no plugs alongside the bed (certainly the case in my room) which I think is essential these days to charge my phone overnight which also doubles as the alarm clock.

Third and final gripe, I asked for an iron for the room and what arrived was the cheapest, nastiest iron I have ever seen. Not even a steam iron, very poor. I would expect better from Holiday Inn.

On the plus side, the evening meal was good, catering on mass for around 200 of my colleagues and breakfast was plentiful and well presented.

Overall, the hotel is OK, it could be much better but I have stayed in much worse.

Room Tip: I was in 3003. A long way from reception, a poor shower and if its windy outside, something out ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mj2000uk
MAvK, Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear MJ200uk,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us, I have noted your comments regarding your room for the team. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our trip to England and what an amazing place the hotel room and staff were lovely used my points for this stay and they sure look after you. As a IHG reward member nothing was to much trouble and a easy to find hotel. The breakfast was fab just what we needed to set us of on our journey to the West Country.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MAvK, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Tim P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and visiting all the Stratford upon Avon has to offer, it really is a fantastic part of the world. I will ensure your glowing review of breakfast is passed on to the kitchen and restaurant team.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Spacious room and facilities adequate. Have stayed in other Holiday Inn hotels previously and in comparison, facilities in the room could be better eg fridge and biscuit to be provided instead of the jar of sticky sweets. Reception staff were very friendly, welcoming and efficient. Location excellent, short walking distance to the town centre. The foyer and public areas are impressive and had a good atmosphere, Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kym13
Dear Kym13,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and visiting all the Stratford upon Avon has to offer, it really is a fantastic part of the world. Equally delighted that you enjoyed our new refurbished areas on the ground floor. I have noted your comments regarding the bedrooms for the future.

Rochford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in this hotel and one in the waterside premier inn a few miles away.

This Holiday Inn was dated and in need of a refurb. Bar and restaurant was nice but restaurant service not so good with the waiter managing to spill drink over us.

For a four star hotel this was poor.

In comparison I stayed the night in the Premier inn the night before. It was modern, comfortable and great service and cheaper.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear EssexOakley,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us, whilst I was surprised that you compared us to the local Premier Inn, I have noted your comments for the future. In terms of the waiter spilling a drink on you, I`m sure that this was an accident and the member of staff was most sorry that it happened.

Warrnambool
Reviewed 22 October 2013

As a Priority Club member, I find I come across mixed standards of Holiday Inn Hotels.

This one was on the poorer side but I cansee it is a work in progress. The foyer and public areas have obviously been refurbished and are impressive but the corridors are tired and marked and need work. Air conditioning in room was OK as was the room, no fridge and no in-room safe. Firm beds and pillows.

We had a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant.

I think this will be a lovely hotel once it is fully refurbished as Stratford on Avon is a wonderful area and the public areas of the hotel are delightful to say the least.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greatscott24
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear GreatScott24,

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back in the future to see what our hotel will offer soon.

Kind regards,

Miguel Abellan van Kan

United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last christmas and since then has had a refurb in the bar and restaurant and I must say it looked really good. This visit was a short stay and served its purpose, the room was clean and breakfast good. A little disappointed that wifi is not free, which I don't understand as so many places offer it free now.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Simon B,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,