“Great hotel in great location”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Reviewed 10 March 2014

spacious clean comfortable room and bathroom. good food. friendly staff. This hotel is perfectly placed just 2 mins walk from center of town. couldn't fault the place really. Would definitely recommend to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MAvK, Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Charles J,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay here with us, I will ensure that your kind comments about the team reach them. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Beautiful hotel,excellent service and food. Staff professional and helpful. Perfect location in the centre of Stratford-Upon-Avon. Stayed for dinner and breakfast and the food was fresh and tasty. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear LouiseS,

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the team following your stay here with us, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and indeed Stratford upon Avon as a location.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was on a conference for 3 days and my stay was most comfortable. My room was clean and well equipped with everything I needed. The bath and shower were great and the triple mirror with light was excellent. The refurbished communal areas were very modern and most pleasant to be in. The decked area with comfy furniture was very nice to sit out overlooking the water.

Room Tip: My Executive room on the first floor was wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear MandyF361,

Thank you for your glowing review following your stay with us here at the hotel, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the outside terrace areas, I do hope that they provided a welcome break from the conference!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a business conference, great location and a very pleasant hotel. Staff friendly, good service, nice room if getting a little tired, good food. The conference facilities were good with no hiccups, a nice hotel all round, no complaints and would certainly visit again. Free parking as well not many places seem to offer this these days.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear UKBonjour,

Thank you for your glowing review following your stay with us here at the hotel, I do hope that you enjoyed the conference as much as your stay! Thank you for the kind comments about the team I will ensure that they are passed on to them.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of February, myself and 3 children and it was excellent. The room was spotless, comfortable and well equipped. The reception team were fantastic, providing a warm welcome and helpful local tips. We ate in the restaurant both nights, it overlooks the river and is modern and well laid out. Children eat free and the selection was good, the staff were attentive and made a genuine effort to talk to the children etc. The al la carte and buffet were great with good variety of options. If you have children it's very cost effective to eat within the hotel. It's in a great position with boat trips from the rear of the hotel and a 2 minute walk into the centre. Highly recommend, we had a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear SarahB,

Thank you for your stunning review of the hotel and its team, I am delighted that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff offered such fantastic customer service.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This Hoilday Inn sits in its own grounds with plenty of car parking, others do not. Masses of pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. The restaurants are always full, especially on a weekend (or dine in the hotel restaurant), so best book in advance.
This was a 30 year Reunion for 4 of us, and this particular hotel was selected by a loyal member of Holiday Inns, We were meeting up from Preston, Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Stanstead. We all individually had king sized bedrooms and they were superb, as was the rest of all of the ammenities and services. OK a bit pricey for 1 person in a room, but very good value for a couple in a room.
I would easily have stayed longer but we all had work commitments on the Monday.
Praise to the Staff in all areas, very good. Unfortunately when we all met up in the hotel bar 2 of my friends were served with flat larger that was past its best, but it was replaced without any fuss.
I have over 35 years experience as a Publican/Restraunteur and apart from this minor hic-cup, I could not find any fault with this hotel, although It is never my intention to look for faults.
I can 100% recommend this particular Holiday Inn.
Mike W.

Room Tip: My room was superb, but I cannot comment on other rooms. Regarding location of rooms, I cannot be o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear MikeW,

Thank you for your stunning review of the hotel and its team, I am delighted that you and your reunion enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff offered such fantastic customer service. I am sorry that the lager was not up to our usually high standards but obviously pleased that this was rectified immediately.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 night to celebrate my birthday. The room was lovely, clean and a good size. Got a gift and card from the hotel for my birthday. Since our last stay the hotel has had its ground floor refurbished which looks great. We ate of the a la carte menu with plenty of choice and the food was very tasty. The staff were very attentive both at dinner and breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracey2302,

Thank you for your stunning review of the hotel and its team, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff offered such fantastic customer service. I hope that you enjoyed a fantastic birthday here in Stratford upon Avon!