“Improving.....”

Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hotel is under major renovation, but we were not disturbed by it. All staff were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was pretty good, too.
Very good outlook over the river, the bar and restaurant areas are very nice....free parking for residents, too, which makes a change.
My bedroom was a little soulless but had a new mattress, and improved bathroom, was clean and quiet.
The fitting around the sink was boxed in and it was easy to bash yourself getting in and out of the shower.... And some of the corridors to the bedroom looked a bit weary.
Overall, for the location and room rate paid, a very satisfied guest, we are returning in two weeks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Thank gatwickchap.
MAvK, Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Gatwick Chap,

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the team following your stay here with us, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and indeed Stratford upon Avon as a location. I have passed your glowing comments on to the team here at the hotel as they do love to receive praise from our customers.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in 2 weeks!

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,411)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed in the Holiday Inn one Saturday evening as we were attending an awards dinner. The location is right in the heart of this historic city, plenty of free parking available. Rooms were large though the corridors go on for miles. Our room had a great view of the river. Breakfast was great and staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Get one not too far from the lift otherwise you will have a long walk ahead of you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David M

Dear David M,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay and attendance of the awards dinner here at the hotel, I will ensure your feedback reaches the team.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I would highly recommend the hotel. The hotel is spotlessly clean, it is well decorated with a relaxed continental feel. We had the good fortune of some lovely weather and enjoyed sitting on the riverside terrace (bar prices are very reasonable for a hotel). All the staff were very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in us. We eat twice in the restaurant and the food was good quality whilst good value too. The hotel has a gym and spa. We stayed in an executive room and this was again spotless, comfortable and well maintained with a 2 metre bed. The hotel is centrally located so just 5 minutes walk from the centre. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark B,

Wow what a fantastic review of the hotel and your stay, I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and will ensure that this feedback is passed on to all those concerned.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Did I stay in the same hotel as others? For £130 a night I though we would have a nice room. But 'not run down' appeared to be an optional extra. The room was very run down - I always thought it odd people who took photos of hotel rooms .... please see the photos.

The Bar - very clever Holiday Inn at having draught beer on sale at £6.50 a pint. It was my fault though as I should have gone round the corner to see the prices displayed.

Breakfast - queued to get in. Wait. Queued about ten minutes for the single coffee machine (the other one was not working). More Wait. No food in trays. More Wait. Some turned up. Cold. More Wait. More Wait. More Wait. Still waiting - perhaps you would like to post my cooked breakfast to me. It did not turn up.

You had the money for three rooms from me. I feel ripped off. I will never go to a holiday inn again. Rubbish.

Room tip - stay at the Premier Inn - it is much much nicer.

However......the view out of the window of the flat roof and the multi storey carpark opposite did give us something to take our minds off things.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank _TA_Hotel_User_
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear _TA_Hotel_User_,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our property a review. It is regrettable that this stay was a disappointment. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Although not an inspiring building on the outside, once inside - WOW! The contemporary interior design is very attractive and the public spaces are generous and well laid out. The bedrooms are also generously sized, very comfortable and quiet. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. The on-site car parking is good too. The hotel is an ideal base to explore the town or to visit the RSC, which is a few minutes walk away across parkland.

Room Tip: I suspect rooms on the river and canal sides are quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Crosby Family,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the new public areas to be to your liking it really does look fantastic and is a real hidden gem compared to the outside. That said we are currently having some refurbishment work done on the outside to bring it in line with the rest of the ground floor.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Stratford with family for one night in March.
The hotel is in an excellent location, right on the river, opposite the park and the main shopping area is a short walk across the road.
Huge car park onsite!
The downstairs of the hotel is lovely and only recently refurbished.
Hotel corridors are slightly dated but are set to be refurbished.
The rooms are standard Holiday Inn rooms, clean and spacious. Slightly outdated compared to the downstairs of the hotel but understand all rooms are in the process of being refurbished and set to be lovely.
Staff were brilliant, all very friendly and willing to assist with any request.

Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 2010E

Dear 2010E,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel thus far…As you mentioned when everything is completed it will be truly stunning!!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is perfectly placed to enjoy the town. There is ample parking space but there is a charge of £5 per night.
The check-in experience was not good and I waited around 20 minutes before someone finally checked me in.
The room was very clean and the bed was large and comfortable however the room was very warm and I did not sleep well.
Breakfast was ok but again the service was not good and a smile would be nice.
Check out was good and very efficient.
Would I come back again ? Maybe but there is a lot of competition in the town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear ANDY K,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am happy to know that you like our great location. However, I am sorry that on this day you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the inconsistency in the staff's service during breakfast and room temperature. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best resource of improving our services.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N