We stayed here when visiting Stratford for the theatre. The hotel is perfectly located, right in the centre, overlooking the river and directly opposite the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
The hotel is large with big conference facilities, a large lounge, bar, restaurant and outdoor terrace overlooking the river. The public areas were well appointed and modern... excellent.
The bar was a relaxing lounge with plenty of different styles of seating for all types of guests. We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but breakfast was a wide variety of items and freshly prepared hot food... very good.
The room was clean and well equipped - we were upgraded to an executive room overlooking the entrance and with a view towards the theatre. It was reasonably comfortable and clean however it was a little 'tired' and the bed was badly (and uncomfortably) made with sheets that didn't fit. I believe the hotel is going through a refit so we may have been in one of the older rooms.
The only criticism I could make was the wifi service - it was exceptionally confusing to get online and we ended up signing up four times (which were reversed without fuss). I got this impression this was a regular occurrence. Even when online the performance wasn't great.
Overall it is very good and a great place to stay in central Stratford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn